Óbudai Gázgyár lakótelep (Obuda Gas Factory Estate)
The Óbuda Gas Factory was built in 1908. In 1910–14 to accommodate the workers of the factory a colony was built nearby. The officials of the factory though had a different location for their lodgings that consisted of bigger houses with a view of the Danube.
Although not as big and green as the Wekerle Estate or as tall and self contained as the Ganz-MAVAG colony, this housing estate is a very tranquil hidden away bit of Budapest. The Gas Factory ceased operations in 1984, and although it has not been demolished and in fact renovated, it does not have the same charm as the colony that housed the workers of the factory.