Welcome to Infosec Writeups. This publication has been created with the intention of being your go-to place to find a collection of awesome write-ups from best hackers in topics ranging from bug bounties and CTFs to vulnhub machines, hardware challenges and real life encounters which are published on Medium. It aims to help people in the InfoSec community to share and discuss new ideas and methodologies and learn from each other.
Many readers are unaware of this but you can clap 50 times on any post. So, if you like something don’t think twice, leave some more claps.
- Try to embed images in your write-ups so that the reader can understand what you are exactly trying to explain.
- Use Medium text editing features to highlight, quote etc, and make it look more visually appealing.
- If you have to embed big chunks of code consider using https://gist.github.com/
- If you want to take it a step further and make it grammatically correct you can try using https://app.grammarly.com/
- Try to keep the write-ups short(~6 min read), if not possible make it into parts and append the link to other parts below the others.
- Upload videos to Youtube and then you can embed them.
- If you are using images from somewhere give proper source credits in the image caption area.
That being said if you think this publication is a good place for your write-up and you are not already a writer in this publication, send a mail with your Medium profile link and with a subject “Writer for InfoSec Write-ups” to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already a writer, follow these steps to submit a draft here.
It is preferred to submit drafts for publication rather than submitting a previously published post. Submitted drafts would be published within 24 hours.
Initially created with the idea of sharing Bug Bounty write-ups, now this publication encourages to share any kind of security-related write-ups. This is the reason the publication link is: https://medium.com/bugbountywriteup
We started out small but picked up a lot of traction and the followers kept on increasing. So we also decided to add as many good writers as possible and keep providing good and interesting content.