5 Huge Problems About The Marvel Cinematic Universe
Originally published at: https://www.bulletstory.com/5-huge-problems-about-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/
Since it’s debut in 2008, Marvel cinematic universe has come a long way. Especially 2015 onwards, with the back to back release of many Marvel superhero movies which were hugely successful at the box office, it is safe to say that MCU is on a roll.
But what is noticeable with so many Marvel movies that have come out is that there are some glaring problems with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, like these.
1. Almost every Marvel superhero has the same origin story, with the main character being a not so likable person who then undergoes some tragedy and that gets him redeemed with the audience invariably rooting for him
2. Directors in Marvel cinematic universe are given little freedom. In fact, often their integrity to their craft is at stake from overbearing authorities
3. The Avengers, in most cases, are the firestarters of apocalyptic events, which they then proceed to save the world from. Take Tony Stark, for instance, who creates a supervillain in Age of Ultron
4. Marvel movies do not take risks. Their heroes are too one-dimensional while the villains lack evilness. The stories are always told in the formula of ‘good wins and bad dies’
5. It’s been almost ten years and MCU is yet to make a female superhero movie. Black Widow has been the sole representative of Marvel’s female superheroes (Captain Marvel is finally joining the female league of heroes with Brie Larson playing the namesake, but the movie was announced in 2016 and will come out in 2019)
Fans and comic enthusiasts have a lot of expectations from the Marvel cinematic universe, not it’s their turn to not disappoint.