5 Reasons Houston Rockets Might Make It To NBA Finals This Year
With a fabulous start, Houston Rockets have been playing as favourites in this NBA season. Despite the fact that they started on a rocky platform, what with losing Dwight Howard to his hometown team, the Atlanta Hawks, they suddenly came out as the dark horse of NBA championship this year. And with every match they are winning, it’s becoming all the more clear that they might have a good shot at making it to NBA finals after all. Here are five reasons why that is absolutely possible.
1. When Rockets signed Eric Gordon, he was written off by most critics. But boy! Has he turned the game back, and how! If he manages to stay injury free, Rockets will have a steady score earner till finals
2. Clint Capela had a pretty good run last year, but that is nothing compared to how he’s playing this season. Averaging 12.0 points, and 8.3 rebounds, he is on a roll
3. One of the reasons, Houston Rockets suffered last year was because they had a team that didn’t play together. But this year, with Howard gone, and Gordon and Harden in their best forms, they are playing as a team, covering each other’s deficits with another’s strength
4. Mike D’Antoni is known to be an aggressive coach, so when took over as the head coach, it was expected that the Rockets would be focusing on offense more. But they have taken offense to a different level and now have the league’s second-best offense
5. James Harden is probably giving his career-best performance this year, with an average of 29.1 points per game, 11.3 assists per game, and 8.2 rebounds per game, his play alone is final worthy
Let’s face it, I think we are know that we are rooting for this dark horse of a team to at least make it to the finals, no matter where our loyalties lie!