Burly Eligibility Requirements
While we reserve the right to decline membership for any reason, the following are the minimum eligibility requirements to register as a renter:
• You must have a current United States driver’s license.
• You must be at least 18 years of age.
• You must be a registered user of Burly.
• You must be a construction professional.
Renter Eligibility Documentation: Acceptance of a registered user into the Burly program shall be in the sole discretion of Burly. As a Burly user, you are required to notify Burly of any changes to your eligibility, including and not limited to the status of a driver’s license, prior to renting equipment using the Burly services. Failure to notify and gain proper approvals will result in your account being deactivated. In addition, you will be personally liable for all damages and related legal fees as well as insurance claims and damages.
Burly Fees Policy
Burly Service Fees
Burly charges service fees for each rental booked through the Burly marketplace. The fees for each are listed below. Failure to charge any of the below fees or other charges shall not constitute a waiver of the right to exercise the same in the event another fee should become due at any other time.
Burly charges an 8% commission on each transaction to the equipment owner.
Burly charges an 8% commission on each transaction to the equipment renter.
A fee of $25.00 will be charged for any administrative event such as neglecting to pay for parking or speeding ticket during a rental period. The at-fault user incurs the charge.
Returning equipment late can really inconvenience the equipment owner. There is a 15-minute grace period with each rental. If a renter returns equipment late, without notifying and communicating with the owner or Burly, they will be charged the daily rate of that equipment along with a $50.00 late fee for each day the equipment is late. Burly’s commission will be charged on both the late fee and the daily rate. These charges will be added in addition to the agreed upon rental rate between the owner and renter.
Excess Mileage Fee
Renters will be charged for all excess mileage as designated per equipment along with a $25.00 Administrative Fee.
If the equipment is returned with less than the amount of fuel as at the start of the rental, the renter will be charged $6.00 per gallon of missing fuel along with a $25.00 Administrative Fee.
Citation & Tolls Fee
In the event that a renter fails to pay for a parking ticket, speeding ticket, toll, or other citation that occurs during or subsequent to a rental, a fee equal to the highest amount on the citation will be charged to the renter along with a $25.00 Administrative Fee.
We understand that equipment gets dirty out. If the equipment is returned and is deemed to require additional cleaning due to smoke, excessive trash, neglect, etc., a cleaning fee of up to $350.00 may be imposed along with a $25.00 Administrative Fee.
*Burly reserves the right to charge an administrative or inconvenience fee, plus any costs incurred by Burly, for categories not explicitly noted above.
Burly Prohibited Uses
The renter of equipment may allow partners, employees, and employers who are knowledgeable and experienced with the safe operation and use of the equipment to use the equipment; all users shall be jointly and severally liable during the rental, but the renter shall remain primarily liable for the rental.
Engaging in any prohibited uses with equipment rented via Burly will be grounds for fees, suspension or cancellation of your registration with Burly. It will also lower the renter’s liability coverage to state minimum limits or nullify coverage where allowable by applicable state law; if the owner has encouraged the engagement in a Prohibited Use, their coverage may be similarly reduced. Engaging in any prohibited uses may also eliminate any coverage for the renter for any claims related to physical damage.
Prohibited equipment uses and activities include:
• Permitting someone who does not have a valid driver license to drive a rented vehicle.
• Using the equipment with the intention to cause damage, or with wanton, willful, or reckless disregard for safety.
• Unless a reservation has been booked, using equipment without reservations or outside your reservation time constitutes unauthorized use.
• Using the equipment during or due to use in the commission of a crime or any other illegal activity or purpose.
• Using the equipment while the operator is under the influence of alcohol above the legal limit or any drug or medication under the effects of which the operation of the equipment is prohibited or not recommended.
• Using the equipment when it has been loaded beyond its rated capacity or with more passengers than the vehicle has seat belts.
• Using the equipment outside the continental United States.
• Using the equipment without a valid license, or if you do not meet our eligibility requirements. It is your responsibility to inform us when your license is expired or suspended, or if you believe you may no longer meet our eligibility requirements
• Making any alterations, additions or improvements to any equipment.
• Fueling equipment with an improper type of fuel.
Burly Wear and Tear Policy
“Wear and tear” that is part of the normal operation of the equipment is an inherent part of renting out equipment; the owner is not “protected” against ordinary wear and tear, nor is the renter “responsible” for wear and tear resulting from normal usage of the equipment. However, renters are fully responsible for 1) any damage related to “misuse” or Prohibited Uses of the equipment, or 2) any mechanical damage resulting from a renter’s improper use of the equipment.
Burly Maintenance Policy
The owner is responsible for maintaining the equipment in a way that is safely operable by any renter. The owner may not place on the equipment any modifications, devices, or other items that may interfere with the safe operation of the equipment. Failure to maintain your equipment in sound mechanical condition will subject your equipment to removal from the marketplace. Furthermore, you are responsible for all costs flowing from the failure to properly maintain equipment and up to a $250.00 Administrative Fee.