BGNInsider Speaker Series #JenasNotes
The Purpose to Your Profit
In the Inc. article, 3 Big Reasons Why Purpose Leads to Profits, the author states, “profits seem to be more of a bi-product of focusing on your company’s purpose or mission.
“If Your Purpose is Not Life Changing, Rethink it. “
— Collette Portis
Identifying the impact you want to have on the world will ultimately lead to profits and sustainable success.” It is this very sentiment that Collette Portis has come to understand in her 20+ years of coaching businesses owners, entrepreneurs, and executives.
In this video, she helps her audience:
- Reconnect with their purpose — Purpose is the thing that drives you. It’s your reason for being. What can you do for 3 days straight, no food, nothing to drink and you don’t have to sleep? What is the thing that people always come to you for (your potatoes salad, advice, etc.)? Answering these questions should lead you to the discovery of your purpose.
- Define their dream — What impact would you like to make on the world? Why have you decided to follow this dream? Remember, your why must impact the lives or those you don’t necessarily know. It should be greater that your friends and family, and
- Expand their vision — Do you want to be the person that makes your family name mean something to the world? Will you leave generational wealth for your family? How will your work change the world?
Notes to the presentation below video. Full video presentation here:
Reconnect to Your Purpose
And live it everyday.
Define Your Dream
Expand Your Vision
Your purpose should be far greater than you.
- Your purpose is not your job.
- Your purpose is not making money.
- Your purpose is not is not your kids.
G.O.A.L.I.E — The Keys to Longevity in Entrepreneurship
Many entrepreneurs begin their journey with high hopes and zeal. Nevertheless, there comes a time when the day to day becomes taxing and they loss sight of the future out of the preceived necessity to focus on the here and now. G.O.A.L.I.E. will assist the audience with
- Regaining intentional perspective
- Clearly defining business objectives
- Turning goals into missions, and
- Devising the strategy plan for success
Understanding and executing one’s skills in an effort to achieve a goal is common. No matter whether it’s for the purpose of business, career advancement, or personal growth. Regardless of the reason, true success is accomplished when skill is coupled with knowledge, execution, and determination.
- Define your annual desired outcomes
- Build a detailed strategic plan for meeting or exceeding your goals
- Develop a team that will execute the plan so that it will increase
your credibility, followers, and build community, and
- Stabilize your revenues and maximize profitability.
Reignite passion, reconnect visions, and formulate direction to move yourself from frustration and obscurity to rediscovering your passion and drive in order to chart the path to your purpose. Challenged yourself to:
- Identify the activities you would do if money did not matter
- Explore why you work is important to them, and
- Determine how their individual greatness can be used to propel them forward even when faced with challenges
As the founder and visionary of Collette Portis & Co. LLC and Destined Designs, Collette Portis coach’s business owners, entrepreneurs, and executives teaching them how to develop the strategy to expand and grow their business and vision. She is a business coach and strategist with more than 20 years of experience in a range of fields as well as a certified SCORE mentor. Ms. Portis is a skilled coach, author, and speaker who has sharpened her ability to stretch the vision, mission, and goals of those she comes into contact with. Most recently, she added radio host to her extensive resume as she launched REAL-Eyez Destiny Radio, a show focused on the journey of entrepreneurship. Collette has an extensive educational background having earned her Bachelors in Business Management, Masters in Adult Education, and currently completing her Doctorate in Transformational Leadership. Additionally, she is a proud alum of Leadership Grand Rapids.
Mrs. Portis is the author of the highly sought after G.O.A.L.I.E.: Grafting Objectives Around Longevity in Entrepreneurship strategic planning system and the M.B.A. for CEOs coaching system. M.B.A. for CEOs and G.O.A.L.I.E. has been used to successfully assist business owners and executives with clearly defining their business objectives, developing accountability markers, and meeting and exceeding their goals. Additionally, Ms. Portis and her team assist their clients with developing their growth plan, defining daily work, developing company leadership, building efficient systems, improving their bankability, and producing effective influencers, to name a few.
Collette Portis has a diverse portfolio of clients and has influenced an array of audiences, including but not limited to, the Grand Rapids Michigan Mayor’s Office, Northview Public Schools, Koinonia Christian Church, Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge, Fifth Third Bank, The Potter’s House, Aquinas College, Bloomfield Hills ISD, Primerica, and Mawusi & Associates. Collette proudly serves on the board of the William M. McDonald YMCA and is advisor to JB Dondolo Inc. and North Texas Youth Entrepreneurs. Collette has been featured on the Mentor Select podcast, Summit Leader podcast, in Voyage Dallas magazine. Successfully moving business owners from entrepreneurs to legacy building business owners is her passion. With the use of collaboration, community connection, business principles, and self-care, Collette is known for giving her absolute best as a speaker, author, and business coach. She has been afforded the opportunity to MOTIVATE audiences in many arenas as a sponsor and co-host during the global event Real Dialogue: 50/50 Day and as one of the most requested certified SCORE mentors in Tarrant County. When speaking to an audience, Collette’s delivery has been described as PASSIONATE, TRANSFORMATIVE and intro woven with principles and concepts that have been said to result in tangible takeaways to promote action, change, and continued growth.
Author, Jena Apgar, loves learning… duh. So I love presentations, speakers and training and I take copious notes. To get my notes and all the great messages, follow me here on Medium and view past presentations and notes here: https://medium.com/search?q=%23JenasNotes