7 design opportunities for wearables
From data and content to context and meaning we collected seven patterns to fuel your wearable and smart watch solutions.
1. Collect data, provide meaning
Which behavioural data reaps business value? How could you turn collected data into customer value?
2. Glanceable content
Can you make your content highly glanceable to require virtually zero cognitive overhead?
3. Characterize the differentiating aspects
How could you utilize bio-sensors, haptic feedback and hidden gestures in a meaningful way?
4. Push relevant info based on context
How could customers benefit from a proactive, assistant like behaviour? What kind of information could be pushed?
5. Atomize services
How could you break down your services by the different contexts they could be used in? How could you mix your atoms with other services?
6. Curate vs. Create
Can you provide a platform which helps customers explore app collections?
7. Less interaction with technology
Can you provide enough information on the watch so the customer doesn’t have to check other devices?
+1 Don’t trust lists. Design a solution tailored for your product and customers.
Come up with innovative solutions for your business problem in three steps:
1) Understand your customers by actually meeting them in the context of use
2) Involve your organization in producing ideas to build buy-in and streamline implementation
3) Rapidly iterate on solution prototypes by testing them on real customers in real contexts
Contact our team of service designers, user experience designers and brand strategists and let’s get your wearable strategy rolling!