Why you should learn ASP.NET Core in 2021
What is ASP.NET Core?
ASP.NET is one of the most popular web-development framework. It is used for building web apps on .NET Platform. In 2016 a new version of .NET framework is introduced which is open-source and cross platform. This updated framework is known as ASP.NET Core and It can be run on macOS, Linux and Windows.
ASP.NET Core is faster web-development framework than the other available frameworks. It is designed to allow runtime components, APIs, compilers and languages evolve quickly while still providing a stable and supported platform to keep apps running. According to Stackoverflow developer survey 2019, it is one of the most popular and most loved web-development framework.
10 Reasons to learn ASP.NET Core in 2021
- Deploy Anywhere: You can deploy asp.net core apps to any platform (Windows, MacOS, Linux) cloud or containers.
- Run .NET in Browser: We can use Blazor to create interactive web UI in C# that allow us to run .NET directly in browser.
- Development Tools: We can use favorite development tools on Windows, Linus or macOS.
- Internet of Things: We can build state of the art applications or background services for IoT devices.
- Unified Object Model: We need to learn a unified object model for both web UI and web APIs.
- Hosting Options: We can host apps on Kestrel, IIS, Nginx, Apache, Docker etc.
- Dependency Injection: We can take advantage of build in dependency injection feature in .net core.
- Middleware pipeline: We can use lightweight, high performance and modular request and response pipeline.