Sports Podcasts Feed the NASCAR Passion
The New Season Drops This Month — Here’s How to Engage The NASCAR Fan
Today’s sports fans can’t get enough, thanks to the overwhelming amount of content at their fingertips. They can keep up with their favorite teams and players while staying on top of the flood of headlines at their convenience.
Sports podcasts in particular have made it easier than ever for fans to stay in-the-know — and they are plentiful. With over 6,000 sports-focused podcasts to choose from, it’s no wonder they’ve become one of the top-ranking genres. According to Nielsen’s Audio Today, sports podcasts were listened to by 27% of listeners, making it the 4th most popular category behind comedy, news, and education.
Sports radio listeners are the most avid podcast consumers with nearly one-third (32%) listening weekly or more (Jacobs Media’s TechSurvey 13). In between event broadcasts, listeners can enjoy commentary, predictions, and stats even while they’re at the gym, driving, or just hanging around the house.
The same can be said for the NASCAR crowd too. On average, NASCAR fans consume nearly 10 hours per week of NASCAR content across all media channels (NASCAR Fan Engagement Tracker, Toluna, 2015).
Motor Racing Network (MRN) fulfills their thirst for knowledge. MRN brings its award-winning coverage to all devices with on demand content devoted to all things motor racing. It’s a unique way for advertisers to enhance their presence across the MRN network, or engage on a more intimate level. Our own study of MRN’s on demand listener reveals a desirable and receptive consumer:
- 27% 18–34 and 47% 25–44
- Avg. HHI of $75K
- Over half have college education or greater
- Follow 4–6 podcasts every week
- 82% more likely to purchase a product endorsed by their favorite host
(proprietary listener survey, 2016)
And the content? MRN has curated a lineup of programming that not only keeps fans informed on the current events of the season, but also brings them closer to their favorite drivers and takes them behind the scenes. With cumulative listenership surpassing 7 million in 2017, programming includes:
- Hosted by Kyle Rickey and award-winning broadcaster Woody Cain, Motorsports Monday brings listeners all the news from the past weekend’s races
- Streamed every Tuesday at 7pm and available on demand, NASCAR Live gives listeners an opportunity to talk directly to the superstars of NASCAR
- With video elements included, Winged Nation spotlights the drivers and other personalities from the world of winged sprint cars
- Crew Call gets the inside scoop from the men who help make it all happen with interviews with winning Crew Chiefs from each race
All of MRN’s podcasts are live streamed and available on-demand at MRN.com, Apple Podcasts, and TuneIn. For advertisers, ‘brought to you by’ sponsorships, live reads up to :60, and custom segments are available exclusively through cabana.