The Year in Podcasting
Everything That Happened in 2017 (as told in GIFs)
It’s almost time to say goodbye to 2017, but first, let’s take a look back at what a year it has been for podcasting.
- The Infinite Dial drops some serious knowledge on us with new stats. The future of podcasting is looking bright!
- The much-anticipated S-Town is released binge-style and becomes an instant hit. While Missing Richard Simmons heads into unusual territory and succeeds.
- We officially launch cabana — bringing together podcast addicts, brilliant creators, and the brands that love them.
- Apple announces new analytics in June, but we’re still waiting.
- Hollywood is calling as beloved podcasts and their hosts hit the big and small screens.
- The podcast space is further validated as companies like Art19, Anchor, and Gimlet receive funding.
- Podcast Movement descends on Anaheim, uniting hundreds of creators.
- PWC and IAB project ad revenue to hit $220 million in 2017.
- The IAB releases the first Podcast Playbook for marketers.
- The Almighty Baller Radio Network joins the team, bringing all the basketball to the podcast world.
- cabana original, the Trim Healthy Podcast, reaches one million downloads in just 7 months.
- But there’s more to celebrate as cabana officially turns one!
- Ilana Levine brought some serious star power to her Little Known Facts podcast this year. One of our fave guests? Has to be the amazing Julianne Moore.
- On September 30th, International Podcast Day takes over social to promote the medium.
- Podcasting’s diversity game is on fire. Werk It in LA shows how the ladies are making their mark.
- Also trending? Little ears. Panoply announces it’s new pod network for kids — Pinna
- Apple buys AudioSear.ch, and we’re wondering what it all means.