You’ve heard about Cactus Capital, Israel’s first student-run venture capital by Ben-Gurion University. Here, we invest in startups from the idea stage. That’s right- no customers, no MVP, no problem as long as there is a real problem your startup is looking to solve. Once you have that all you need is a solution you can share and explain.
Sometimes even having just an idea can seem challenging. It feels like it’s on the tip of your tongue but you just can’t express what your idea is. In this article, we’re going to remove the pressure of coming up with a billion-dollar idea and instead play a game. The game we’re playing is twenty questions and we promise you that if you play with us and try to answer every question you’ll find your great idea.
Your idea is just a few questions away
- What are you passionate about? What do you love to work on and explore?
- What problem bothers you? Start carrying around a small notebook and writing down everyday problems you face that you think should be resolved.
- What would you pay someone else to do for you? What’s such a chore that you wish someone else would just do it for you already?
- What industries haven’t changed for the past 20 years? What industry is ripe for disruption?
- What in the world do you want to change before your kids are your age? What needs to end with our generation?
- What is still low tech in a high tech world?
- What bad habit do you have that you want to do away with? How could tech help support your journey?
- Where is there a blue ocean, AKA what field is there very little competition?
- What makes you happiest? How can you share that happy experience with others?
- What did you read about in a science fiction book or see in a movie that just has to be a part of our lives?
11. What keeps you up at night? What can you do to sleep easy?
12. What unique skills do you have? How do I build a company around them?
13. Where is there a large market you can penetrate?
14. Where are people the least happy with the solutions that markets currently have?
15. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
16. If there were 25 hours in a day what would you work on?
17. What company or founder do you look up to and why? What can you emulate from their experience?
18. What are my friends’ skills? How can I work with people I trust to build something together?
19. Who would I love to work with? Friends, family, an idol, and how will you make that happen?
20. WHAT’S STOPPING YOU FROM APPLYING TODAY?
We hope you enjoyed this game of twenty questions but also took the time to consider every answer. None of these questions have right or wrong answers because there is no right or wrong company. There are just dreamer and founders who make their dreams a reality. Apply today, and you’ll be one step closer to living the dream.
The application is open until the 04/04/2020