We’re excited to see all the different ways you are putting ID Check to use. Our long-held belief is that many, many companies can benefit from a higher level of trust with their customers on the internet, and that identities are a foundational component of that trust. Seeing ID Check’s used in contexts we never dreamed of pushes us to keep improving our product, and we’re grateful you’ve chosen us as your partner in trust on the internet.
The team here at Caisson has been busy working to upgrade your customers’ ID Check experience. Those with a meticulous eye may have noticed some of our improvements, but there are few we want to call special attention to.
- Upgraded Models for Face Recognition This was a large effort and is already yielding improved results. The new model catalogs and compares over 100 descriptors on an individual’s face resulting in improved facial recognition and comparisons. Reliable, fast, real-time facial comparison is a combination of art and science that we’ll continue to evolve.
- Vertical Licenses Historically, we’ve had a low success rate with vertically oriented licenses (prevalent with the Under 21 crowd across many states). This is now fixed! Vertical state ID’s and under 21 licenses are correctly identified and accepted now.
- More License Variants Each state has a large number of license variants: under 21 layouts, vertical layouts, non-driver layouts, and various layouts accumulating as each state makes regular updates as the years pass. This means there are quite a few licenses that we need to handle. While we have always supported the most common, we have filled in many of the gaps in our data models to ensure that we can check everyone’s ID quickly and accurately. With this, you should see far fewer of your customers having a hard time getting through an ID Check with a valid ID card.
We’ve also been busy working to improve your experience on the ID Check Dashboard. Our aim is to ensure you have all the information you need about each of your customers at the tip of your fingers.
- Detail Screen If you are using the dashboard to review the results, then you’ll notice the new detail screen has been optimized for better readability. The details screen is now available for all requests regardless of status. For advanced users, we’ve also changed the URL scheme. Now, if you know the request_id parameter of the ID Check you’re interested in, then you can jump straight to the details screen by pointing your browser at https://www.caisson.com/request/req_CaissonRequestID .
- Dashboard Screen On your Dashboard, we organize ID Checks into individual cards. While cards are work great if you’re focused on individual ID Checks, they can make quickly scanning lots of checks problematic. Table views are much preferred for larger data sets, so we’ve added that as an option!
- Webhook Calls for Expired Requests We now send over a webhook call when the status of the request has expired. This allows for you to have greater insight and ability to take the appropriate action with your customer.
Lastly, as much as we wish we could say we’ve built the world’s first bug-free service, it just ain’t so. Finding and fixing bugs is one of the never-ending joys of managing software, and is a task we take seriously. So, as we say on the NYC subway, “If you see something, say something” and we’ll get your issues resolved ASAP.
We have a bunch of exciting upgrades coming in the future, and we can’t wait to share them with you. If you have feedback for us, we would love to hear it via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep building trust, one check at a time.
Ken & Derek