The Right Mindset for Exercise
This is what exercise is all about: “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” — Art Williams
You say it all the time, you know you should do it. And you know why you should do it. It’s the one thing you can do to safeguard your health and benefit your weight loss efforts. So why does it seem so hard to get yourself moving?
You need to develop the right mind-set to get and stay motivated. You need to keep it positive rather than focusing on why it’s so hard to work it into your busy lifestyle.
So here are some ideas to get that mind-set:
· Read some exercise magazines/books or use the internet to help perk up your motivation on a regular basis.
· Check out the numerous options of activity you have online and with apps. There’s literally something for everyone, either at a gym or online.
· Consider the type of exerciser you are. Are you a loner or do you prefer groups? Do you like inside activity of being outside. Do you need a trainer to get you started, and/or a friend for support to keep you going?
· Keep an activity journal. This shows you your progress along the way and that’s motivation!
· Keep exercise goals realistic. If goals are unrealistic you will get discouraged.
· Remember to alternate exercise activities to keep them interesting! Change your weight training routines up. Pick several activities you enjoy, not just one. This keeps exercise much more motivating.
“The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.” -Anonymous