What might Synergy of Serra look like?
Let’s take a closer look at the teaser trailer and what it means.
What did you think of the teaser trailer we released today? The aim of the teaser is to show off the core mechanics of Synergy of Serra and give you a taste of how the game could look and feel in the future.
Our vision for the game
It’s important to be clear that this is not what the Proto-Alpha looks like. This trailer is our vision for the launch game client of Synergy of Serra, it is not the prototype game client. The launch game client is currently being developed in Unity and will be used for the upcoming Closed Alpha pre-release.
Therefore, we are currently working on two game clients alongside each other:
- The prototype game client (Proto-Alpha)
- The launch game client (Closed Alpha)
We are making tweaks and changes to the prototype game client being played for the Proto-Alpha, at the same time as building the launch game client ready for the Closed Alpha pre-release.
The prototype game client has a simple setup with the main aim of testing gameplay. Other aspects, such as graphics, animations, and sound effects, are either basic or not included on purpose. Things will be different for the launch client with the Closed Alpha.
For the Closed Alpha, we will release the launch game client and bring you something more akin to what is in the trailer. Detailed graphics, stunning animations, and epic sound effects. The contents may not match exactly as is shown in this teaser trailer, and some elements may be introduced gradually, but through this short video, we wanted to give you an idea of what is to come, a glimpse into our vision for the game.
Work on the launch game client is well underway. Thanks to the meticulous planning and preparation that went on last year. Not to mention all the hard work and learning around the prototype client. It has all fed into the specially recruited team working on the launch client and means that we are off to a flying start.
As is our policy, we do not make estimated dates public, but in terms of what to expect from gameplay when it arrives, we can take a closer look at the elements highlighted in the trailer.
- Players choose what cards they bring to the game. Both their cards are put together in a single, unified card pool we currently call the river.
- Both players then access the same cards in the river to build their deck during the game.
- Sharing all the cards like this negates some advantages that might be gained through pay-to-win tactics, therefore, creating a skill-to-win environment.
Craft Faction synergies
- All cards can interact with all other cards leading to endless possibilities.
- Mix and combine Factions or concentrate on one Faction.
- However, certain cards will synergize better with others, so you will need to learn what works and what doesn’t.
Equip your Units
- Use Attachments to develop your Units.
- Use Powers to intensify your strategy.
- Discovering the combos and synergies that fit your plan will be key.
Reuse your cards
- When a Unit dies, it cycles through your in-game deck and back into your hand.
- Importantly, if you boosted a Unit with any Attachments, they will remain attached.
- Some Units even grow in strength the more you use them.
Gather your forces & dominate the arena
- Build your deck from the river to collect Faction Points
- Level up and Enhance your Units when different Faction Point thresholds are reached.
- Enhanced Units will gain bonuses or new traits and become more powerful.
Of course, this doesn’t explain all our gameplay aspects, and everything is subject to change as we refine and improve the gameplay through people playing the prototype. As always, if you want to learn more, The Compendium of Serra is a good place to start.
Seven stages of game development
The game development process is a long journey, and each game’s journey is different. Out of the seven stages described here, we are currently in the fourth stage; testing. This stage involves thorough testing of the game to identify and fix any bugs or glitches. It also includes playtesting to gather feedback from players and make improvements to the game.
Synergy of Serra has been in the testing phase for a while, and we are pushing the testing further with the Proto-Alpha by inviting more Serrans to take part in playing the prototype. When we move into the next stage is when we will embark upon the Closed Alpha to undertake yet more testing, but also combined with some marketing. We’re very excited about this phase.
Let us know what you think
Overall, we’re super happy to share this vision of Synergy of Serra with you. We hope that it gives you an idea of what we’re aiming for with the game.
We will keep on taking feedback from the Proto-Alpha group playing the prototype to ensure that we make the game as good as it can be, and we are looking forward to inviting more and more of you to come and play the prototype with us.
So let us know what you think of the trailer and of the prototype when you can play it; we’re constantly looking to improve and are determined to deliver the next biggest thing in card gaming for you.
Who are we?
Our vision at Calystral is to unleash the potential of gamers. We are focusing on building games where the time and effort put in is rewarded with real value. Enhancing the players’ experience and empowering gamers to achieve more. In the process, we strive to overcome the technical limitations of Blockchain Technology and use its benefits to lift games to the next level. We would love to share these solutions with the community and other developers. Towards a better future of Gaming!
Join our journey: