Krystal Atwater tells her Cole Valley story
Topics include positive memories, home life trauma, depression, and communication
I published a blog post recently reflecting on my Cole Valley experience and why I have such negative feelings about it.
Krystal, a previous Cole Valley student, wanted to share as well, and she joined me for a recorded chat.
This is the uncut conversation. Below are hyperlinks to highlights if you don’t want to watch it in full.
- Cam’s blog post and Krystal’s reactions
- Krystal talks about her background. Cole Valley was the third Christian school.
- Krystal’s experience was very positive.
- Gender, and being a girl at Cole Valley
- Treatment of LGBT+ kids
- Her thoughts about those that didn’t have a positive experience.
- How to detect when kids are struggling at Cole? Communication.
- Dealing with home life trauma
- Dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts
- Where Cole Valley could improve — Communication
- For some, leaving Cole Valley could be a solution
- Message to prospective parents
- Message to teachers and administration