Lauren McLean is the Mayor Boise Needs
She has a bold and inspiring vision for new ideas and approaches, accessibility and transparency, and building positive relationships to get things done
I come up with crazy, new ideas all the time, but I don’t often get a lot of takers, especially from elected leaders. But Lauren’s different than most.
When I proposed an experimental Q&A event, Lauren didn’t hesitate.
I offered to host her and a group of my civically-engaged friends for a discussion. But unlike most campaign gatherings, I wanted to make it entirely transparent and accessible. Many politicians would be nervous about this, but not Lauren.
We crowd-sourced the questions and live-streamed everything.
It was the first time anyone’s done this around here. We had a few technical difficulties, but we showcased what a new, modern approach to community engagement can look like.
Lauren showed her boldness by experimenting with a new approach.
She opened herself up and went with the flow. She answered any questions that were posed to her, and they weren’t filtered beforehand. She was fearless. And I was inspired.
I’m convinced she’s the inspirational leader we need.
We don’t need more of the same. We need new perspectives and new approaches. Someone that can reset relationships and facilitate more constructive problem-solving in our city, region, and state.
I’m on Team Lauren.
I firmly believe Lauren’s the mayor we need. She’s got my vote, and I’ll work to help her win in November.
Don’t take my word for it.
- Why try crowd-sourced questions and a live-streamed Q&A? (0:17)
- Why she’s running for mayor (1:47)
- Good examples for cities managing growth? (4:40)
- How can young people afford to stay in Boise? (8:11)
- Balancing growth with the challenges it can bring (11:54)
- How to handle NIMBY-ness? (14:37)
- What’s the number 1 change you want to make? (15:33)
- Increasing transparency in the political process? (16:55)
- Licensing for short-term rentals? (18:50)
- How will you work with other regional leaders on solving challenges with growth? (20:11)
- Why vote for Lauren? (22:06)
- What about stagnant wages in Boise? (23:19)
- Read any good books lately? (26:40)
- Need local option tax? How get it? (29:25)
- Thoughts on diversity initiatives, like at BSU? (31:14)
- Thoughts on white nationalism and how it will affect Boise? (32:57)
- How help older populations and their needs? (35:44)
- How increase accessibility and transparency? (37:18)
- National candidates you look to for inspiration? (37:10)
- How is your campaign funded? (40:16)
- Why run now? (41:17)