PooVault founder, Jessica, and I talk shit
She made a product that helps make things “more happy, less crappy.”
She mentioned in the comments that she built a product to help people have a more pleasant experience while being responsible with their dog’s poo on walks. It’s called the PooVault. I asked if I could interview her, and she said she was game.
Listen to us shooting the shit below. Also, I’ve hyperlinked interested parts of the convo below, if you want to skip around.
- How we got connected
- PooVault: a better way to handle shit
- People that bag up poop and leave it there. Might get it later.
- Cam’s shitty idea. Why I’m doing what I’m doing.
- How do you get people to change their behavior?
- Poop police, fines. San Francisco example.
- Dog poop is BAD for the environment.
- When Quinn’s Pond was closed due to ecoli from dog poop
- What are people thinking when they don’t pick up?
- Jill Giese’s idea: “10 people could solve’ the dog poop problem in Boise Foothills, one volunteer says”
- Incognito mode is great
- Those little flags people put in poop
- “So, what do you think about poop fairies?”
- Getting lots of people to see a message is HARD
- Denver girl doesn’t pick up her dog’s poop while standing IN THE AIRPORT
- Local man stares Jen down while dog poops on her yard, walks away
- How Cam would react if he was being a dick
- Composting poop. A possible solution to the landfill issue?
- Jessica’s San Francisco friend put dog poop in the compost and got caught
- Cam’s not the best recycler. Jamie’s way better.
- Cam’s been trespassing weekly
- Cam and Wookiee fell into a canal once and couldn’t get out. It was scary.
- How Cam got on TV
- Links — PooVault and Instagram
- We talk about Wookiee