We first mentioned Cappasity app in 2017 and now after two years spent tirelessly researching and developing, perfecting the algorithms and working with passion and dedication to bring you the best possible result.
We are thrilled to announce the long awaited premiere of Cappasity app!
Cappasity app is designed with general users and SMBs in mind and promises the 3D View creation process that is both fast and easy.
At the moment we are negotiating with marketplaces so that any Cappasity user would be able to easily create 3D View content, embed it, and sell his/hers products with increased engagement that comes with 3D product images.
This version of the app is able to catch every detail of small objects while losing none of the wow-factor — sophistication of jewelry, glossy curves of watches and eye-catching beauty of accessories. With stabilization algorithms meant to compensate for trembling hands, displacement of the camera along all axes or any disturbance in balance functioning ideally within the app, we take it a step further like we always do.
We advise you to shoot the objects with steady lighting, but nevertheless we do our best to eliminate the problems that may arise when shooting with poor-quality lighting. The app removes the background, leaving only the object, so as to show all the details. You can edit the content with the help of filters: change the sharpness or the color balance of the image just like you would do it on Instagram.
We will continue to update the app, and once the new algorithm branches are completed, the app will be able to take in mid-sized objects and people. These features will come in especially useful for fashion businesses who will benefit from the ability to instantly capture any garment in motion.
Download on App Store
To create a 3D product image with Cappasity app follow the instructions below:
1) Select the object that you want to shoot and print out the paper sheet with markers. We recommend shooting rings with “small” marker, and objects like watches with a “normal” marker.
The sheet of paper must be clean and not crumpled.
2) Place the item RIGHT IN THE CENTER of the printed sheet. Move the camera away so that all the markers are visible. Note that as the sheet rotates, the number of visible markers may decrease.
Green and red lines indicate how well the sheet is visible from a certain angle. You need to ensure that all lines turn green. After that you can start shooting.
ATTENTION! The item should not go beyond the borders of the sheet, otherwise parts of it will be cut off. Correctly choose the shooting angle. The application captures only the contents inside the paper sheet with the markers.
3) You’ll need to rotate the paper sheet with the object on it by hand. Try to do this evenly and minimize the number of breaks. Your hand should hold the sheet in the area where the markers are printed without obstructing the lens.
4) After the end of processing, you will be offered a background removal mode. The default values are already set, but you can make adjustments using the slider.
5) The borders of the object will be determined and the object itself — centered on the next screen.
6) You can apply the filters and then upload the 3D View to your account. We recommend adding “sharpness” to make the 3D View clearer.
7) By using your web account you’ll be able to share a link to a 3D View or embed it in your website. To do this, follow the link: https://3d.cappasity.com/u/your_supername, select 3D View and click Embed. This is an iframe code that can be embedded into most site editors. For more details follow the link: https://cappasity.com/3d-product-imaging/ (Tips for embedding)
Stay tuned for more to come!
We are constantly improving the Cappasity app. Sign up for our news and be the first to know about new features.