Creating a high-quality 3D View of a car can be beneficial for car dealers, automobile collectors and car owners. Car dealers can use the immersive 3D content to increase customer engagement and potentially increase sales. They can also create interactive online catalogues and post 3D Views of vehicles on social media, making their business stand out from the competition. Car owners will be able to embed 3D content into an offer at a marketplace or share the 3D View as a video on Instagram and TikTok.
While creating high-quality 3D visualization of vehicles is highly beneficial for both car dealers and owners, this technology used to be costly and thus inaccessible for many market players. However, it all changed with the introduction of the 3DShot app, and now you can create a high-resolution 3D View of any car with just an iPhone!
So, how do you digitize a car with the 3DShot app? Follow these simple steps:
1) Find a flat, well-lit surface with an appealing background. It is best to use natural light and avoid poorly-lit places to prevent the image from blurring. Make sure that the car fits completely into the frame (it is best to shoot a car at a distance no less than 3 m or 10 ft). Keep a cross at the center of the car to position it in the center of the frame.
2) Open the 3DShot app and start to record. Move slowly around the car to record it. To achieve the best result, move at a steady pace.
3) Make sure that you move around the car in a circular trajectory. If you move around the vehicle in an ellipse, the image can be cropped.
4) You don’t have to film in a full circle to make a 3D View. You can record the vehicle in only a part of a circle if it suits you better.
5) Use Zoom to remove the details that you don’t need and apply filters to improve the 3D View. We are proud to say that the 3D Shot app has the best zoom on the market, so make sure you wash the car before filming to demonstrate the condition of the surfaces.
6) Upload the result to your Cappasity account. All done!