Swift Frameworks are Just Awesome!
WORE — Write Once Run Everywhere, Is now used for Swift along with Java.
Indeed Swift became a popular programming language and evolving day-by-day.
Developing a Swift Framework has it’s own Advantages as follows.
- Hide your code implementation.
- As .framework files are already compiled, it will reduce recompilation and save your time while developing.
- It is what Apple uses, Ex: UIKit.framework.
So what are you looking for?, let’s start developing your own Swift framework now.
Tools used : XCode 9.3+, Swift 4.1+
Step 1:- Setup Framework Project
- Create new XCode project.
- Click on Cocoa Touch Framework
- Name your project, we have used AlamoWater sounds similar to Alamofire. (Make sure to choose language — Swift)
- Click AlamoWater folder inside your target and press ⌘ + N.
- Choose File Name AlamoWater and Subclass of: NSObject
Step 2:- Write some Code
Add following code inside AlameWater.swift.
Note:- Make sure your class and methods are open.
Step 3:- To create framework for both iOS Device and Simulator add new Aggregate target to your project.
- And add Run Script to it.
- Note:- In Run Script, Make sure to change AlamoWater with your project name.
Step 4:- Build your first framework by Choosing UniversalAlamoWater target pressing ⌘ + B
After build completed,You will see Finder opening with Your Framework in that.
Happy Happy :)
Step 5:- Add this framework to your any project and use it.
Note:- If you are getting following error,
… Reason: image not found
Make sure your framework is added in both Embedded Binaries and Linked Frameworks and Libraries
Get Full SourceCode on Ch: 1 — GitHub.