Software Developer-Embedded Linux
Where your code will cook!
We believe in a future in which one gets to spend time on things that they love. And cooking fresh and healthy food takes a good amount of effort and after-work hours struggling in the kitchen — every day.
Nymble is easing that problem by building Personal Cooks — Intelligent Household Kitchen Appliances that cook food, tailored to one’s taste. To get there, we are looking to on-board an experienced and entrepreneurial-minded Embedded Linux Developer.
As an early Founding Member at Nymble Labs, you will define Nymble’s software architecture, working in close collaboration with an extremely lean, execution-minded team to scale up not just the product, but the company. You will single-handedly own software system development at Nymble.
You will grow exponentially fast, and along the way lead a talented team to make our future a reality, because successful companies are not built alone.
Your decisions will shape the entire software backend, from designing the Cooking Platform that makes it possible for one to cook hundreds of recipes on our device, through the AI Engine that tweaks a recipe to one’s liking, to the communication system that lets our device talk with a user, her mobile app, and the cloud. You are as comfortable writing scalable code as you are engineering a great product. We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are proficient in C/C++/Python Programming Languages
- You have a strong understanding of CPU Architecture, DMA, Cache, Interrupts and Virtual Memory
- You have strong experience in Embedded Linux archtectures.
- Experience on Freescale/NXP i.MX 5/6/7/8 platforms would be a plus
- You have experience working on firmware application development, debugging and testing, preferably also with updating firmware through boot-loaders
- You find the synergy between robotics, artificial intelligence and food beautiful
- You are extremely comfortable working in rapid-growth start-up environments
- You know how to partner with product and design to build compelling products on schedule
- People love working with and for you
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things
- You have a point of view but are low ego
Diversity breeds creativity and interesting conversations. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Working at Nymble is exhilerating. If what we do excites you, just drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be very glad to hear your story!