A taxi for taxi
As long as uberization (connecting providers of service and customers directly, through online services) takes over more and more new markets, the uber-idea itself also undergoes changes. We learned from Taras Semenov, CEO of the CarTaxi project, how the blockchain technology makes it possible to improve uber models.
- What are the advantages of the blockchain platform?
- A little about the basics. A large number of new projects aimed to automate various sectors of the economy today rely on the blockchain. At the dawn of the development of blockchain technology in Russia, German Gref, Elvira Nabiullina, and Igor Shuvalov immediately drew attention to it. Blockchain can become a tool for economic growth. This is a functional innovation that will affect many areas and will replace the centralized management system. The principle of “one window” is not in vain considered as an advantage in the services industry: society is tired of red tape and waiting in lines. Blockchain is one window in which all transactions that pass through it are registered reliably and transparently. Blockchain is called a decentralized system because data is recorded simultaneously on a variety of computers around the world, and therefore they can not be faked and deleted. A centralized control system, already familiar to us, loses in many ways to a new way of managing data. First, all operations and documents are registered by people and stored in special registries, pass several stages of data transfer between people, units and companies. Time is spent on verification and confirmation. This is much longer than creating a record in the blockchain, which will take several seconds. Secondly, in such a system errors in the transmission of information are inevitable due to the influence of the human factor. Thirdly, it is vulnerable: registries and databases are subject to hacking, the data in them are not always encrypted and can become the target of intruders. In addition to all of the above, the centralized system of operations management can now be considered expensive, as it requires high labor costs and material security, the need for which is lost when using blockchain.
- And if you connect uberization and blockchain, what will happen?
- In businesses based on blockchain technology, decentralization is manifested in simultaneous registration and storage of data on a variety of computers around the world. Thus, a single database appears, which is reproduced simultaneously for all network members. The principle of decentralization in this case provides a guarantee of data security and access to data for participants in operational activities. First, this advantage is appreciated by companies in the finance industry.
- You yourself work on the principle of Uber, but instead of a taxi a tow truck comes …
- Yes, if your car broke down you do not need to wait any longer, plus the approximate cost of the order is immediately visible. This service is available in all the cities of presence through one mobile application. When a car owner opens the application, available tow trucks are already visible on the map, ready to come to the rescue. To order, you need to enter data about your car, damages and put the point on the map where the car needs to be delivered. The current location is determined automatically. Based on the parameters (load capacity, clearance, availability of blocked elements), the platform determines the suitable tow truck. With the help of geolocation, the movement of the tow truck can even be monitored on the map. In this case, drivers of tow trucks receive payment based on a single tariff. Commission of CarTaxi is 15%. However, for the client, such payment is overwhelmingly cheaper than an order from a car towing company directly. The main factor of the high price in the second case is the remoteness of available tow trucks from the car owner and the cost of resources for the “idle run” of the equipment. Finding the nearest tow truck by contacting a call center in an unfamiliar location is almost impossible without a special service. CarTaxi acts as a logistics intermediary between the client and the performer. And the wider the network of performers in CarTaxi, the more universal the service becomes. Today, the number of cities in which we work exceeds 40 and is constantly growing. We reached this coverage in three months. In the near future, the project will expand to the US and China, and then to other countries. Global coverage for CarTaxi users will provide transportation of the car abroad through the usual convenient interface and with uniform tariffs. And in the fourth quarter of 2017 on the CarTaxi platform, we planned to activate the blockchain technology based on the Ethereum smart contract.
Blockchain in CarTaxi allows you to keep a clear account of the performers’ balances and payments to them for services. It stores the entire history of orders with their parameters. Accordingly, a transparent system is created to monitor operating activities and revenues by all stakeholders (including investors). We have provided the following scenarios for the use of a smart contract: registration of accounts of performers and partners, as well as clients; creating an order and managing its life cycle; mutual settlement with performers and partners; repurchase of tokens by the company, payment of dividends to tokenholders. Let’s sum it up so that there is no confusion: Uber is our model of order distribution. A blockchain is a system of building our records. All information about orders assigned and executed, their parameters, and calculations is recorded there. This is the basis of our CRM (customer relationship management) and PRM (partners relationship management).
- What are the prospects for the car market, if it is more important for people to get to places, no matter if they use their own car or not?
- Analysts tend to believe that the automobile market will grow by 3–5% per year. So, the question of servicing this market is relevant. And we are seeing an increase in the number of popular services for drivers. However, so far most of them are local, that is, cover only one region. For example, there are a number of applications that aggregate car servicing. In 2017, CarFix expanded the number of services provided within the application framework. In addition to the fact that you can find a car repair shop at home and save 20–40% on car maintenance, the application reminds the driver of the need for repair, takes into account the wear and tear of parts and picks up the car service on request. Among other services for drivers is “MultiGO Fuel” with detailed information about refueling (location, discounts, prices), Fast and Shine, which calls a car wash in the necessary place and so on.
- I’m getting an impression that if you also apply blockchain, you can uberize any task …
- This is a big question — is it possible to uberize all spheres. The good market must correspond to a number of parameters. In particular, the pool of both customers and performers should be quite extensive, and the service itself should be formulated simply. For example, “To get from point A to point B or buy a plane ticket from point A to point B”.
Link to the source: http://ponedelnikmag.com/post/taksi-dlya-taksi