Join Celer at World Digital Asset Summit and Hacker Arena Hackathon
Ever since we launched our testnet and SDK in October, we received massive positive feedback from our community. Definitely join 1,000+ users to download and try Celer app — cWallet. (The iOS version is coming very soon.) Celer is going to WDAS (World Digital Assets Summit) and the Dorahacks Hacker Arena next week to demonstrate how people can use Celer SDK and build on top of Celer SDK. WDAS will be hosted in Hyatt Regency San Francisco from December 9 to December 11. Xiaozhou Li, co-founder of Celer Network, is invited to join the panel of “Improving Scalability and Performance in Blockchain” on Dec.10 at 2:20pm. On December 11, join Celer for the Dorahacks Hacker Arena for prizes and fun!
How it works:
You are wondering: “What is a hacker arena?!” The hacker arena is unlike other traditional hackathons, instead of sleeping on the ground or at the rest area followed by back pain and headache, you can actually freshen up at your home and sleep at your own bed! Because the hacker arena only last for 8 hours! It’s a shorter version hackathon with bite sized challenges.
All challenges are completed on team bases, so don’t forget to join a team with 3–6 people to participate. Teams are welcome to do as many challenges/questions as they can within the 8-hour time period and win prizes for each challenge.
Sunday, December 9: There will a pre-hackathon workshop on Sunday, Dec. 9 starting from 1:30pm. If you are participating or interested in participating the hacker arena, you can’t miss this workshop on Sunday! (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-pre-workshop-for-dorahacks-blockchain-hacker-arena-oasislabs-celer-networketc-tickets-53233898022)
Celer will have 3 questions in total. One question for the easy-tier, one question for the medium-tier, and one question for the advanced-tier. All questions will be released on the day of the hackathon to be fair to everyone.
Since there are three different tiers of questions, we offer different prizes for each of the tier.
- $50 for the first 10 teams that solved the easy challenge. For easy question, usually it takes the team about 1 hour or less than 1 hour to finish.
2. $100 for the first 3 teams that solved the medium challenge.
3. $200~$1,000 for the teams that solved the advanced challenge. The prize is based on the quality of submission.
- Basic functionality achieved: +$200
- Good UI/UX with : +$100
- Good documentation and demo: +$100
- Smooth performance without bug or glitch: +$100
- PR recreated on Celer’s Github with acceptable code quality: +$300
If all of the above achieved:
- Good use case that will engage big number of users: +$200
Date and Time:
Date: Tue, December 11, 2018 8:30 AM — 8:30 PM PST
Location: Hyatt Regency, San Francisco 5 Embarcadero Center San Francisco, CA 94111
- 8:30–9:30 Registration
- 9:30–10:30 Opening ceremony, Hackers admission and rules briefing
- 10:30–18:30 Hacking Arena
- 19:00–20:30 Closing ceremony and prize release
At the hacker arena, our engineer will be there to provide full technical support. We are very excited for this fun and engaging activity. We are looking forward to seeing you at the hacker arena on Dec.11!
Follow us at:
- Download here: https://get.celer.app
- Website: https://www.celer.network/
- Telegram: https://t.me/celernetwork
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CelerNetwork
- Github: https://github.com/celer-network
- Discord: https://discord.gg/Trhab5w
- Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Celer-Network-Meetup/
- Medium: https://medium.com/celer-network