Two months after the initial announcement of the Alliance for Prosperity, the Celo Foundation is excited to welcome a new batch of members. The scope of membership remains focused on use cases, furthering the mission of financial inclusion and prosperity, and adoption of Celo’s technology. New members will provide significant access and expertise for the broader Celo ecosystem in key markets around the world.
“We are excited to see the Alliance grow by 50% since our initial announcement in March, with organizations committed to creating prosperity, especially in Africa and Latin America.” — Chuck Kimble, Partner at cLabs and Head of the Alliance for Prosperity
New Members include: Ankr, Althea, Bitfy, Blockchain Education Network, Coinfirm, Centrifuge, Dove Wallet, Dunia Pay, Grin, Hex Trust, LatAmTech, Mobike, MyCash Online, Netki, Ontology, Paxful, Peixe, Positive Blockchain, Ribon, Transak, United Africa Blockchain Association, and Yellow.
“There has never been a more perfect time for a project like Celo to emerge and redefine money, especially in Africa.” — Grey Jabesi from the United Africa Blockchain Association
New members join an already strong network of Founding Members: Abra, Alice, AlphaWallet, Anchorage, Appen, Ayannah, Andreessen Horowitz, B12, BC4NB (Blockchain for the Next Billion), BeamAndGo, Bidali, Bison Trails, Blockchain Academy Mexico, Blockchain.com, Blockchain for Humanity (b4h), Blockchain for Social Impact (BSIC), Blockdaemon, cLabs, CloudWalk Inc, Cobru, Coinbase Ventures, Coinplug, Cryptio, Cryptobuyer, CryptoSavannah, eSolidar, Fintech4Good, Flexa, Gitcoin, GiveDirectly, Grameen Foundation, GSMA, KeshoLabs, Laboratoria, Ledger, Ledn, Maple, Mercy Corps, Metadium, Moon, MoonPay, Pngme, Polychain, Project Wren, SaldoMX, Semicolon Africa, The Giving Block, Utrust, Upright, Wyre, Yellow Card, and 88i.
Early Progress of the Alliance for Prosperity
Since March, members have been busy integrating with Celo and shaping the future of the Alliance.
Recent announcements from the Alliance
- Both Anchorage and Coinbase announced custody support for Celo Gold at launch
- The Celo community voted that a portion of Celo block rewards be donated to planting trees through Project Wren. Project Wren has started integration with Celo to support a carbon neutral decentralized network.
- cLabs and Appen ran a microwork pilot in Kenya. Learn more about it on the Survival Skills Podcast.
- Upright launched Celo Camp, a virtual accelerator program for sustainable businesses to be built on the Celo Platform. The 8-week camp had 250 applicants from 60 countries and the 18 finalists will demo their projects on June 11.
- Blockchain for Social Impact wrapped up their incubator on Earth Day and awarded the Celo Peace & Prosperity Challenge to Abundance, a project building inclusive community currencies on Celo with 10,000 community members including the Red Cross and Kenya-based grassroots economics.
Structure of the Alliance
One of the goals of the Alliance is to create the opportunity for like minded organizations to collaborate together. We’re announcing four initial working groups focused on international aid, remittances, policy, and communications.
The Giving Block kickstarted this initiative by rallying members around their #cryptoCOVID19 fundraising campaign. Today, on #GivingTuesday, we invite you to participate in #cryptoCOVID19 to help nonprofits that are on the front lines of the COVID-19 response.
Participate in the Alliance, and shape the future of open finance
In this open system, any mission-aligned organization can apply to join the Alliance with a commitment to impact. We invite organizations to join us in changing the story in finance and usher in a stronger ecosystem serving markets around the world.
We’re excited to see the global impact from the Alliance and look forward to seeing more mission-aligned organizations join the Celo movement for prosperity.