Announcing The Great Celo Stake Off
You are invited to Join Baklava, Celo’s incentivized testnet, to compete and earn rewards
Let the staking season commence! Starting in early December, all chefs, bakers, and validators are invited to compete for the ultimate glory: honor, food, and Celo Gold.
Today we’re announcing The Great Celo Stake Off, a competition that will run on top of Baklava, Celo’s incentivized testnet
The Great Celo Stake Off is inspired by the many cooking shows and competitions. Why food? It’s one way Celo makes complex technology digestible — plus it’s delicious! Validator “chefs”, full node “servers”, coders of “recipes”, and technical friends are invited to collaborate and compete to earn as many Baklava Testnet Units (“BTUs”) as possible.
Subject to the Stake Off Terms and Conditions, the top 50 teams on the leaderboard will have the opportunity to receive substantial servings of Celo Gold at Mainnet launch. And because there are many ways to participate in the Stake Off kitchen, and to contribute to the success of Celo, there are additional ways to receive Mainnet Celo Gold for more bite-sized contributions.
For those interested in running a validator on Celo’s Mainnet, participating in the Stake Off is a critical step for validator success. Specifically, you’ll:
- Build operational experience
- Establish security best practices
- Receive badges and certifications for your set up
- Improve Celo and influence its design
- Earn Celo Gold
- Enjoy good food
How to get involved
- Help run the restaurant — Earn BTUs by running a validator or full node;
- Become a Master Validator — Boost your BTUs by passing the C Labs operational security and infrastructure audit;
- Help design, build, improve, and promote the restaurant — If accumulating BTUs isn’t your thing, and you prefer creating recipes and taste testing, you can participate in the Stake Off through community challenges, security bounties, ecosystem grants, writing documentation, creating educational content, finding security issues, building validator and governance tools, and much more.
The Timeline and Details
Starting in early December, the Stake Off will run in three phases over 2–3 months, with each phase focusing on testing a different part of the network.
All details on the Stake Off can be found on the Baklava Testnet forum here.
Join the The Great Celo Stake Off
Add your name to the list and wait for the doors to open. Invite your friends and don’t delay — we have some treats for those who sign-up first ✨.
Best of luck. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.