Hi there! Let’s get to know each other. We are Eugene (Ive) Ivchenko and Pavel Andrianov — founders of the cryptocurrency Cerebro Wallet for Blockstack community. For community that manages its data and has users owned internet. That’s the basis!
You might know Eugene from the Dappy Wallet that he developed in 2018. Being the only Blockstack adherent left (the only one from the Dappy team that has split), he decided to create a new product to provide people an opportunity to interact with popular blockchain, such as Bitcoin, Blockstack etc., using all the advantages of Blockstack infrastructure.
The resulting Cerebro Wallet is a balance between decentralization, security, confidentiality from Blockstack and the ease of use. We believe that this balance contributes to the wide use of cryptocurrency. These principles are shared by Pavel, co-founder involved in the new wallet development. Solid IT-background allows him create beta-version of the wallet faster and much better than the outdated Dappy. This is the rebuild!
What we stick to
- We use the only right decision to build community trust — blockchain Blockstack and tools included in its complex.
- Community will get a choice. Wallet by Blockstack (Stacks Wallet) or multicurrency wallet on Blockstack technology (Cerebro Wallet). Which one suits you better?
- No need to go anywhere. We are already working on the built-in features: exchanges and buying crypto with credit cards.
- Open Source. We are loyal to the open source code. We are oriented on confidentiality, and transparent in front of users.
- What’s confidentiality for us? We do not collect user data, because we do not touch any user assets.
- Light technology. As already mentioned earlier, we do not have anything with user assets. The wallet uses simplified payment verification libraries (SPV) to work with cryptocurrencies. Transactions happen on the user side, that’s why wallet developers can not see them.
- No more nonsense. We believe in cryptocurrency and take responsibility for supporting and teaching Cerebro users. It doesn’t mean that we are going to lead you holding your hand like a baby — we won’t let you down if you need help. We are certain that in the long-run it contributes a lot to the development of the whole Blockstack ecosystem.
From the very beginning, Cerebro is built considering scaling, thus, we will not stop its development.
What you get
Friendly interface. Right on the authorization page we familiarize users with the functional. Not everyone has Blockstack ID, and we explain why it is needed and why it is important.
Cool dashboard with immediate support of light and dark modes. We automatically define which version to show you. If your device uses dark mode — the wallet will already be in its dark version.
Have you uploaded a profile photo to Blockstack? If not, we offer cool emoji instead.
Let’s check the assets. Empty? Not a big deal. By default we’ve created you your first Bitcoin address. Share it with friends, they will transfer you some coins. Or simply use a test Bitcoin. Here you can request coins for it: https://coinfaucet.eu/en/btc-testnet/. A bit later, after beta testing, we will add here other coins and the wallet will become fully multicurrency. So far join the testing.
Received coins? Send them to others, check transaction details and comment on them.
How does it work? (What’s under the hood)
Cerebro Wallet is a web application that allows a user to implement all operations, being protected in the browser.
We are developing the wallet that:
- Uses Blockstack ID for authentication.
- Uses decentralized storage Gaia by Blockstack.
- Uses public API and SPV library to connect to blockchains.
- Create/delete a wallet.
- Import/restore or transfer an existing wallet with the help of a private key or mnemonic phrase. It does not matter if you have an old or new format of the key, we try to recognize everything.
Functions that relate to wallet assets:
- Sending coins
- Receiving coins
- History and transaction details of a wallet
- Multicurrency (coming soon)
- Built-in cryptocurrency exchange (coming soon)
- Import/export of a private key
Scheme of the app
Expected Roadmap for 2020–2021
- Add Top-10 coins from CoinMarketCap
- Add Stacks (STX)
- Implement Clarity contracts
- Blockstack ID contact list
- Integrate instant exchange service
- Top up wallet with fiat
- Multilanguage support
- iOS and Android apps
About beta launch
We’ve launched the beta-version of the wallet that is available at https://app.cerebrowallet.com. You can freely register in the wallet using Blockstack ID. If you do not have ID, you can create it on the authorization page. After authorization (login) in the wallet, we will automatically create your first Bitcoin address. Use it. Receive and send coins to try Cerebro and then let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve created the wallet for you! That’s why we need your reviews about ways to make it the most effective for you and new users in the future.
The best way to report a mistake or offer a function — create an issue at Github here https://github.com/cerebrowallet/cerebro-wallet/issues.
Some info about the team
Eugene (Ive) Ivchenko is a user-oriented product manager. For 10 years, he’s been creating products that later managed himself. His journey to the world of cryptocurrency started with designing cryptocurrency wallets and exchanges and continued at Guarda Wallet, where he held a position as the Chief Product Manager and upgraded both web and mobile versions of the wallet. Then he was involved in Dappy and other projects. His next goal is to make Cerebro the leading mass application built on Blockstack.
Pavel Andrianov is a full-stack developer with 15+ years of web applications development. Started working at Cerebro in 2019. He is a digital nomad that you won’t meet twice in one place. Bearded, tattooed, fond of hiking in the mountains and cryptocurrencies. Among everything at Cerebro, he’s mostly keen on technology and the idea of Blockstack. He works every day to create the best future for Cerebro and its users.
Where to find us
We hope you stay with us and Cerebro Wallet becomes your favorite wallet. In case of questions, comments or feedback, both positive and negative, feel free to share them in comments here. If you want to talk in person, we will try to reply asap at email@example.com