I've written often about how I believe so much in the healing power of Gratitude.
I believe in the power of gratitude almost most than anything else.
I’ve written about The 7 Day Extreme Gratitude Diet.
If it can work for a normally anxious worrier like me it can work for anyone.
To count my blessings (almost constantly!) has been hands down the most helpful things I’ve done in my life. It is one of my favorite ‘go-to’s’ when I need instant calming. I've written out my Gratitude list almost daily in my journal for over 30 years.
Oprah said Gratitude changed her life. I know it sounds simple, but, hey, aren’t some of the most wonderful things in life simple?
Today for instance here is my Gratitude list:
- My health is good. I’m on zero medications.
- I have wonderful friends.
- Bob, my man is a good guy and puts up with me.:)
- I love my patio outside my house.
- Our 4 furkids(cats) are angels with tails! Love em so damn much.
- My neighborhood is quiet and safe.
- The weather is turning to fall finally!
- I love my writing commitment and my goal of getting my memoir done by age 60.
- Eating out today with a girlfriend for lunch. Thai food. YUMM!
- All my Medium buddies. Thank you for bein’ so great!
- Even though the world is a bit crazy we still live in a country where we have our freedom.
Try Gratitude. It might just change your life.
“Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” — Zig Ziglar
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” — William Arthur Ward
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein
“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
Have a GREATful day everyone!
THANKS FOR READING!
Michelle Monet has published 6 non-fiction books including 4 ‘Poetic Memoirs’. Her upcoming Memoir will be about her life in show business. It will be a story of redemption and healing. She is also writing a Broadway Musical show based on her life story.