The Weird Manifestation Technique That Changed My Life
Thinking about changing your life with the help of 2 cups and one intention sounds far-fetched, to say the least. But bear with me.
I first came across this manifestation method last summer while watching Leeor Alexandra’s video about it, and I was hooked ever since.
It was so weird it sounded really cool, so I had to try it.
The 2-cup manifestation method is based on the concept of dimension-jumping.
The theory behind it is that whenever a big life change occurs, you have shifted dimensions. Or even small, subtle life changes can mean you have been gently nudged to a different dimension. “Everything is the same, except…not quite.” This is generally how the 2-cup manifestation method is believed to work — it helps you shift dimensions.
People supporting this method have called on the multiverse or many-worlds theory to support it:
“Many-worlds implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an actual “world” (or “universe”). In layman’s terms, the hypothesis states there is a very large — perhaps infinite — number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes.” [Source]
It sounds far-fetched, but the bottom line is that any alternate scenario of your life has happened, will happen, or is happening right now, just in different mini-universes.
Yes, that means that there’s a reality where you’re a billionaire. And one where you’re married to Mark Ruffalo (I might be biased). And one where you have the perfect and most wholesome family relationships.
All of that can happen, and possibly is happening right now in a different dimension.
And while you can shift dimensions unconsciously (like when a life change happens), the way this manifestation method works is by helping you do it voluntarily and consciously.
It literally changes your life. At least the current one you’re in.
How to do it
Although the steps might seem a little intricate, the method in itself is very intuitive and simple to understand and to do.
- 1 empty cup
- 1 cup full of water
- Labels (or tiny pieces of paper and tape)
- A pen
- Label the 2 cups: the one with the water is your current situation, and the empty cup is your desired situation
For example, if what you’re trying to manifest is more abundance in your life, your current reality cup could say something like “broke, struggling to pay my bills” and your desired reality cup should say “abundant, I always have more than I need” etc.
- Sit with them: after you’ve labeled the two cups, meditate for a few moments on how each reality feels; feel what your current situation is like, and then focus on how your ideal positive situation will feel like
- Pour the water: while holding on to the positive feeling of your desired situation, pour the water from your current cup into your desired cup
- Be present: while pouring the water, really identify with it, feel it, see it, hear it, pay attention to the sound of the water being poured into the desired reality cup; it’s really silly but I like to envision sparkles around it and a bright light surrounding me, and it feels just like magic
- Meditate: after you’ve poured the water in the desired reality cup, meditate on the new state of the glasses; you have just tuned into your desired reality and the water in the cup is vibrating with feelings of positivity, joy, gratitude, and whatever it is that you’re manifesting; contemplate on that.
- Drink the water: while holding on to that powerful positive feeling, drink the water (that is now in the desired reality cup) and feel excited while doing so, knowing that you are now perfectly aligned with the vibration you’re manifesting in your reality and the right events, opportunities, people are magnetically attracted to you
- Get rid of it: you can rip up the “current reality” label and you can keep the “desired reality” one, depending on what feels right.
- Live in the desired reality: what’s very important to understand is that now that you’re aligned with your ideal life, you have to keep living like it; like Jim Carrey said “you can’t just visualize and then go eat a sandwich”, similar to how you can’t align to your desired reality and still keep mourning the current one — you have to actually be, act, exist in your desired state
That’s it — this is how the method works, and all the steps to follow. I understand if it looks/feels a bit weird written on paper, but when you do it first-hand it’s way more intuitive.
A different version
Leeor Alexandra speaks on her blog about a different version of the method, in case you feel your “current reality” cup is too heavy and the water from it might taint the “desired reality” cup:
Some people might have an extremely negative “current” situation, meaning the label put on their full glass might be tainting the water with all that negative energy. If that’s the case, fill both glasses of water and do the same thing — drink the one with the desired label. The one with the current label, pour the water down the sink and rip up the label.
I highly advise doing what method works for you and even tweaking it to your own liking — after all, the whole point is having it feel natural and fun and embracing the divine potential of yourself and your life.
Of course, it’s completely normal to just “not feel like it” one day, or to be too distracted by the negative thoughts that your current reality brings. And that is absolutely okay — in this situation, I would advise you to take care of yourself and your mental health and just do the technique any other day, when you’ll feel better and the energy will feel right.
As I do in all of my Law of Attraction-related posts, I like to speak about techniques and tell you my experience manifesting with them.
In this case, the 2-cup method was an absolute game-changer for me.
At first, I’ve used it to get from “unemployed” to “self-employed” and get clients for my art. After that, I just manifested a reality in which many opportunities to bring abundance in my life started showing up, and I even manifested $450 in 1–2 days from the most unexpected source that I could’ve asked for.
Currently, I’m manifesting moving out with my boyfriend and getting rid of an emotionally abusive situation at home.
After I’ve done the method, I can honestly say that it’s the first time in 2 years when I’ve finally let go of my “current”, very toxic reality and negative feelings around it, and I'm just on my way to my desired reality.
It has been extremely beneficial for getting rid of the attachment I had to my negative situation and reminding me to live my ideal life day-by-day, and as of now, I have no doubt that my desired reality is on its way to me.
In fact, I’m aligned to it, I’m vibrating on its frequency, and I’m living it in my soul and in my heart space. It just takes a while for the physical reality to catch up — as it does with all things.
I genuinely feel, as crazy as this might sound, that after I’ve done this method in relation to moving out and getting rid of the toxic situation, a really dark cloud has just lifted off of me — as I have shifted realities. And I’m now more excited, motivated, and aligned than ever.
I’m very glad to have shared this method with you, and as always, I encourage you to look deeper into reality shifting and how it works. I am such a big advocate of this technique, that I’m sure my excitement can even be seen through writing.
It has really, really changed my life — and I would recommend it to anyone.
Even if it doesn’t happen instantly, for me just feeling and living in my desired state is completely worth it — and a very useful step in accelerating the manifestation process.
And as always, manifestation is supposed to be playful — so have fun with it.