Big Presentation? 15 Simple Ways to Boost Your Confidence Beforehand
1. Talk positively to yourself.
2. Use the restroom.
3. Strike a power pose.
4. Exercise lightly.
5. Take several deep belly breaths.
6. Don’t pretend you’re not nervous.
7. Reframe your nervousness as excitement.
8. Focus on giving.
9. Acknowledge the three audience truths.
- ”This audience believes I am the expert.”
- ”They want me to succeed.” Audiences are rooting for you.
- ”They don’t know what I’m going to say.”
10. Practice the first minute in your mind.
11. Sip water that is either warm or room temperature, with lemon if possible.
12. Meet and greet the audience before you speak.
13. Check out the meeting room and audiovisual set-up.
14. Assume a standing position in the five minutes prior to speaking.
Based on “15 Ways to Boost Your Confidence Before a Big Presentation”, By Jacquelyn Smith and Rachel Gillett, Inc. Magazine