Join the Chewse Design team
Designing for hospitality
Chewse is a food catering and hospitality startup. We focus on partnering with local restaurants to provide offices with better meal and lunch programs.
We believe that great organizations are built off of great culture, and we view a dedication to food and hospitality as the way to do that. We collaborate with restaurants to help grow and scale their business and adapt their menus for corporate catering; we transitioned our delivery team to in-house W2 employees so we can better support them; we provide our clients—the office managers who care about making their team and company happy—with dedicated account managers who listen to and act on their concerns and needs.
There’s a future where we reset the expectations for what a food, hospitality, and culture organization looks like and does:
- New standards for how service workers are trained and treated
- Leveraging automation and human relationship building to bring hospitality to the modern era
- Collaborations with local businesses that can support the community instead of competing with it
- Programs that inspire and galvanize other companies to foster and develop their own unique culture
On the surface, we’re in the food business, but at our heart, we’re a people and culture organization. And we’re currently looking for individuals who can help build that vision.
San Francisco (SOMA) based. Series B funded. 40 full-time employees and growing.
We’re currently growing our Design team and looking for the second digital Product Designer to add to our team. Our challenges lie at the intersection of creating better hospitality experiences, from digital to experiential, and building out the systems and tools that support that infrastructure.
You’re collaborative and have the humble confidence to turn different insights into well-considered user experiences. From client offices, restaurant partners, drivers and hosts, and our internal users, our challenges span different classes of users, and you have the empathy to distill your research into plausible mockups and solutions. You’re opinionated, but open to new ideas; you embrace feedback and know how to deliver it as well. You have strong fundamentals in design principles, and an inherent understanding of what makes certain experiences good or bad.
What do we look for?
We need generalists who are comfortable and enjoy wearing a lot of different hats. Specializations are welcome, but for day to day work, the following are recommended:
- A strong portfolio with a clear demonstration of interaction design
- A deep understanding of formal visual design principles (composition, hierarchy, color)
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to listen and balance different needs
- The eye and instincts to discern between good and great work
Compensation and benefits
We have a transparent open salary policy so that compensation at Chewse supports the things we care about as a team — fairness in compensation, clear career advancement, and an open, trusting, loving community.
- Compensation range: $105K — $157K
- Generous equity
- Open vacation policy (We mean it, our founders lead by example)
- Food is our love language, so we guarantee catered lunch 3x/week, a weekly team dinner, and stock the office with healthy treats
- Health, vision, dental
- Personal and team development funds
If all this sounds like something you’d be excited to build, please reach out—we’re actively hiring.
Send your portfolio and resume/LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “I ❤ Chewse Designer”. (If it’s not word-for-word, we won’t actually receive it!)