Help! I’ve fallen and can’t get up!
Sprint 3 — Thursday
Asking for Help
We all make mistakes and we all encounter problems when developing and testing our projects. There is no shame in this since it’s a fact of every Developers life.
So why is it so hard to ask for help? All too often we tend to view problems as failures when we should be viewing them as opportunities to learn — both for ourselves and those we ask to help us.
There is no shame in asking for help. The only shame is not asking for help sooner!
Asking for help has many positive outcomes including:
- Faster problem resolution
- More team members gaining familiarity with different parts of the app
- More complete analysis of problem impact across the app
- Identification of the best solution
- Increased learning for you and the team mate(s) who are helping
- Less likelihood of repeating the same problem
Before you Go!
Chingu helps you to get out of “Tutorial Purgatory” by transforming what you’ve learned into experience. The experience to boost your Developer career and help you get jobs.
You can learn more about Chingu & how to join us at https://chingu.io