Knights of the Frozen Throne — A+ to the Data Miners
It looks like the data miners nailed this one, Knights of the Frozen Throne! I’ve been hearing for a while now that the next Hearthstone expansion was going to be Wrath of the Lich King related.
Knights of the Frozen Throne Trailer
Can we get a new hero too? DEATHKNIGHT!??!!! I mean WOTLK introduced the Deathknight class, might be a good time to add a new hero to Hearthstone too! I’m hearing that they have already announced that Deathknight would be a card. That might mean that my wish won’t come true.
This is exciting for me considering that I just returned back to Hearthstone with the Un’goro expansion and because Wrath of the Lich King is my ABSOLUTE favorite expansion in all the years that I played World of Warcraft.
Some of my favorite raid bosses could be in this one too! The trailer had a Professor Putricide sighting!
Knights of the Frozen Throne Hearthstone Expansion Quick Information from HearthstoneTopDecks
- Release Date: August 2017
- New Cards: 135 New Cards
- Legendary Death Knight Hero Cards: These cards replace your Hero (like Lord Jaraxxus) and turn it into a Death Knight that gives you a new Hero Power!
- There’s a Legendary Hero Card for each class!
- New Keyword — Lifesteal: When a card with Lifesteal deals damage, your hero is healed for the same amount.
- Missions: The first steps you’ll take to join the Knights of the Frozen Throne will be within Icecrown Citadel. There you’ll be faced with eight Missions — new single-player content for Hearthstone. Beginning with the Prologue, and then proceeding through grueling battles with Icecrown Citadel’s mightiest denizens, your trial will culminate in a showdown with the Lich King!
- You get a Free Legendary Death Knight Hero Card for completing the Prologue Mission.
- There’s a Prologue, two wings of three bosses, and a final showdown against The Lich King!
- After completing all of the Missions, you’ll receive a total of three Knights of the Frozen Throne card packs.
- Pre-Order: $49.99 with 50 Packs and an exclusive Frostmourne Card Back (art can be found below).
For a ton more info, you have to check out HearthstoneTopDecks. They have some of the already revealed cards listed already too.
I love the boss lineup! BWL, PP, Sindy, OMG!
The game board is beautiful! The Frozen Throne lives on!
The Scourge. Death Knights. The Lich King. These are among the most frightening, tragic elements of Azeroth’s past. The awful beings residing in Icecrown Citadel are dark, brooding, and terrifyingly powerful… but also really, really cool! The Hearthstone team knew they wanted to explore the story of the Lich King and his horrifying minions, but how to visit such grim themes while preserving the game’s friendly and whimsical spirit?
The answer was obvious: kill EVERYBODY!
Well, not everybody. Just all nine Hearthstone heroes. . . In Hearthstone’s next expansion, Knights of the Frozen Throne, we ask the question: what happens when the heroes fall from the light? When the Lich King raises them from the dead as Death Knights, what will they do with the immense and terrible powers he gives them?
But who is this Lich King we speak of?
The Lord of the Scourge
The tale of the Lich King is a tragic one. It is the story of a young hero willing to take any risk and employ the most extreme measures to save his people. His fear and desperation drove him to take up the cursed runeblade, Frostmourne. While he did gain great power in the process, the promise of power was a trap. The evil in the blade consumed him, setting him on the path to become one of the most powerful and horrifying beings in existence: the Lich King.
As the Lich King, he manifests his strength in the physical realm as the strongest of the Death Knights — commanding power over mortal blood, freezing ice, and unholy corruption. When combined with the soul-devouring hunger of Frostmourne, he is an unstoppable, armor-clad juggernaut. If that weren’t enough, he also controls the vast undead army known as the Scourge from his Frozen Throne atop Icecrown Citadel.
All told, the Lich King and his minions represent one of the greatest threats to life on Azeroth. Foremost among those minions: the Death Knights!
Dead and Loving It
Each Death Knight was once a mighty hero of Azeroth — but after the Lich King raises a hero from the dead, they gain unimaginable strength from beyond the grave. In Knights of the Frozen Throne, each of Hearthstone’s nine heroes has embraced the Lich King’s dark power to serve him as a Legendary Death Knight Hero card! Despite their transformation, they have not fallen completely under the Lich King’s sway, so it’ll be up to you to decide how to wield the awesome abilities at their command.
Hero cards are an entirely new card type that are neither spell, minion, nor weapon. When played, each Death Knight Hero card replaces your hero, casts a Battlecry, dons some hefty armor, AND provides a new Hero Power. While each Death Knight hero is different, they all offer possibilities that can transform the way you play Hearthstone.
I am super excited for Knights of the Frozen Throne!