How do you overcome procrastination and create peace of mind?
The best tip I’ve heard on overcoming procrastination and creating peace of mind came from @rayedwards
One of my favorite virtual mentors is Ray Edwards.
He has a podcast.
He gave this tip on how you can escape procrastinating and how you can have more mental peace and get some headspace when you need it.
What he talked about was:
- Typically you’re going to have something like one or two projects you know you ought to be doing — that you’ve been putting off for awhile. That’s just the way a lot of us function.
- And he said it’s crowding into your mental space. It’s depriving you of your peace.
- Commit today: I’m going to take 30 minutes and I’m going to spend it getting started on that project.
Now, I know it could be a sprawling project. It could take longer than that. But just get started for 30 minutes, and then you’re done. Or if you feel like it, continue.
But, very often, that’s all it takes. It’s just that decision. And that will really help you clear out your mental space.
Did you find this article helpful? If so, check out this free download:
In This Series:
- How do you get people to pay attention?
- How do you know which idea to write about today?
- How do you speak in a way that people find easy and relatable?
- How do you build trust AND never run out of content ideas?
- How do you find out what people actually want YOU to create?
- How do you give your content the best chance to fly?
- How do you get your body and your mind to serve you optimally?
- How do you overcome procrastination and create peace of mind?
- How do you make sure your opportunities are always expanding?
- Invest in people now — that way they will still listen to you in ten or twenty years.