Invest in people now — that way they will still listen to you in ten or twenty years.
How long does it take to bear spiritual fruit?
Sometimes 10, 20 years, depending on what kind of fruit you’re talking about.
I learned this from @JerryCorbaley
Here’s one of the best reasons why you should invest in people now, and invest in people early:
If you do a good job of it — if you let people know that you care about them, and that you’re willing to go out of your way to be an influence in their life when they’re young, then do you think that 5, 10, 15, 20 years later they might actually pay attention to your words, knowing that you cared about them at one point in life, so you still care about them?
A friend of mine reached out to me. He had invested in me when I was young — a lot. He had made me feel that I was part of his life and that I was worth his time.
He reached out to me to say, “Hey I want to help you think through something. I have a caution about this one thing. Could we talk?”
Do you think I listened to him? That’s spiritual fruit that bore out because of an investment long ago.
Did you find this article helpful? If so, check out this free download:
In This Series:
- How do you get people to pay attention?
- How do you know which idea to write about today?
- How do you speak in a way that people find easy and relatable?
- How do you build trust AND never run out of content ideas?
- How do you find out what people actually want YOU to create?
- How do you give your content the best chance to fly?
- How do you get your body and your mind to serve you optimally?
- How do you overcome procrastination and create peace of mind?
- How do you make sure your opportunities are always expanding?
- Invest in people now — that way they will still listen to you in ten or twenty years.