Make it Shine: 12 Checkpoints for Your Persuasive Argument
You want your persuasive argument to shine so the reader has every chance to learn from you and be convinced.
Here’s a 12 point inspection to make sure your argument is road-ready.
- Did I visualize the reader I’m talking to?
- Did I compliment the reader?
- Did I avoid wrong assumptions about the reader’s level of knowledge?
- Did I take a positive attitude?
- Did I avoid a condemnatory, condescending, or sarcastic tone?
- Did I show generosity toward those of the opposing view?
- Did I follow a logical outline and avoid repetition?
- Did I give adequate support against objections, or was I too quick to assume my point was proven?
- Did I use historical events and facts to concretize and support my conclusions?
- Did I take a tone of confidence and not apologize for my viewpoint?
- Did I give the reader breathing room to absorb my points at a natural pace?
- Did I show the practical value of my conclusion?