Well, this year’s Oscars might go down as one of the craziest of all time. La La Land was the big favorite heading into the evening, and even though the film had the most awards of the night, Moonlight surprised the world when it took home the Oscar for Best Picture. Yes, there was a major screwup with EnevelopeGate, but it was easily one of the most exciting moments of any Oscars. Moonlight, the little movie that could, came out on top in one of the biggest upsets in Academy Awards history.
Now, it’s time to announce the winner of the Second Annual CineNation Oscar Ballot Competition. And the winner of the competition is…
Sebastián, you will receive a free Blu-Ray copy of the Best Picture nominee of choice. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. Thank you to everyone for participating in this year’s competition!
ON THE SHOW
Ben and Brandon talk about the recent deal between Netflix and Martin Scorsese and just how much this could affect both the studios and the overall movie industry. They discuss what they think the studios might have to do in order to compete with the likes of Netflix and Amazon. They also talk about the importance of a streaming service winning its first Academy Award.
Ep. 59 — Runtime: 1 hour and 11 minutes
- The Best Bill Paxton Performances by CineNation
- Wolverine: Parting Is Such Sweet Evisceration by Phil Roberts
- The Influential Powers of ‘Chungking Express’ by Alex Bauer
- 10 Years Later: Across the Universe by Brandon Sparks
- Why This Scene From the Social Network Is the Best by Brett Seegmiller
- The CineNation “Meh” Awards by CineNation
- FINDING NEMO Visual Development by James S. Baker
- Bill Paxton: Colonial Marine, Predator Prey and Hollywood Legend Dies At 61 by Phil Roberts
- Body Real vs. Body Ideal by Christopher Daniel Walker
- The Increasingly Digital World of Cinema by Sean Randall