Kitchener/Waterloo has a lot to offer, which makes for a life in the city where you’re never bored. Whether you like to be inside or immerse yourself in the great outdoors, your new favourite spot awaits. Here are just a few suggestions:
1. At only five minutes outside Waterloo, the St. Jacob’s Farmers Market is the happening place to be on a Saturday morning. Vendors, fresh fruit and veggies, famous apple crisps, and more.
2. Described as “KW’s Premiere Art House,” the Princess Cinemas have a never-ending rotation of new Indie and Oscar-worthy flicks, with a mixture of classic films for special presentations.
3. The Clock Tower is a staple in Kitchener’s Victoria Park. With The Boathouse restaurant overlooking Victoria Park Lake, good food with good company makes this a splendid way to spend a weekend afternoon.
5. Take a group of friends and get locked in a room at Adventure Rooms Canada. You only have 60 minutes to find your way out. Are you up for the challenge?
6. Check out the peacocks, play in the splash pad, and have a picnic in. Waterloo Park. Great spot to take the family on a warm day.
7. Grab a drink, take a stroll, hit up all the local shops in Uptown Waterloo. Cafés, restaurants, and small businesses line the streets of Uptown. You will never not have anything to do.
8. The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery (KWAG) has a permanent collection, as well as ongoing and upcoming exhibitions of all sort. They offer free admission, and programs for all ages.
10. If you’re a night hawk, you can hit up Cheeses Murphy, located in the Princess Cafe from midnight-3:30 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. They’re known for their bacon jam. Yes, you read that right.
11. Bowling at Victoria Bowl is always a good time, and it’s located very close to Downtown Kitchener.
12. Take the afternoon off and find a good read at the Kitchener Public Library. They have a great courtyard space that is perfect for reading outside.