Top Citizen Agent Tips
Citizen’s Agents are a team of highly trained safety experts who are former police dispatchers, detectives, paramedics, social workers, firefighters and crisis intervention experts. They are here to answer your calls 24/7 and support you in whatever unsafe situation you may find yourself in.
Whether you are in need of emergency assistance, if you are traveling to another state, if you become lost or feel unsure about your surroundings, want help locating your missing pet or just need some peace of mind, our Agents have your back.
Below, we share some of the top tips from the Agents themselves!
- Keep your location on for better accuracy when you’re in need of help. Agents can send resources or emergency responders to your exact location.
- Don’t forget to enable your audio and video permissions prior to connecting! For iOS: Open the Settings app, Scroll down and select Citizen & Toggle on Microphone and Camera access! For Android: Open the Settings app, Tap Apps and select Citizen & Tap Permissions and choose Allow for both Microphone and Camera!
- For faster response to an emergency situation, tap the blue shield on the Citizen home screen and start a Video Call, rather than starting an Agent Chat.
- Citizen isn’t just for 911 response! If there is something going on that is making you feel uneasy, you can connect with a Citizen Agent to monitor you until you feel safe.
- Safe Words, Save Lives! You can set up a secret phrase with your Agent in case of an emergency. Your Agent can notify police or your emergency contacts.
- If you want to post your missing pet on Citizen, the best way to do so is to tap the blue shield and speak to an Agent instead of trying to go live.
- If you’re having technical issues with the app, you should email email@example.com instead of pressing the blue shield. Our Customer Experience team will respond quickly to your concerns.
We hope these top agent tips prove useful!
If you’re interested in connecting with a Citizen Agent, you can start a free trial here.