Crypto Curious: How to Swap Your Algos for $NURD (or another token)
Algos are awesome, but one of the many great reasons to own Algorand is the ability to swap for other tokens, buy NFTs, support good causes, stake and earn additional tokens, invest in new projects, and more.
It can be confusing at first, but once you make your first swap, you will be off and running. These instructions will work also for other Algorand Standard Assets (ASAs).
Here’s how to swap your Algos for $NURD, step by step:
Step 1: Opt in to $NURD
Before any new token or ASA can come into your wallet, you have to give your permission to that asset or project. This applies whether you are swapping, staking, receiving an airdrop, etc.
- Go to your wallet and click “Add Asset.”
- Enter NURD or ID 330168845.
- You will see a message that says something like “In order to operate with the chosen asset, you must first subscribe to it. Subscription involves sending a special transaction which has a cost of 0.001 Algos.” This is normal, and just something to be aware of. There is at least some small cost to almost every transaction.
- Enter your wallet password and click “Add Asset.”
Step 2: Swap on Tinyman
Now that your wallet has opted in, you are ready to swap.
- Go to app.tinyman.org, click “Connect to a Wallet,” and select the type of wallet you have.
- Enter your password and click “Connect.”
- Algorand should be in the “From” field on the swap. If not, select it.
- Type NURD or ID 330168845 into the “To” field and select $NURD.
- Decide how many Algos you want to swap for $NURD.
- It will show you the current US Dollar value and how much $NURD you’ll receive. As always, pay attention to fees. At the time of this writing, 25 $ALGO = about 18 $USD = about 4,100 $NURD with a fee of .08 $ALGO.
- Click “Swap,” enter your password, and confirm.
You now have $NURD in your wallet and the power to add any other ASA as well!
With great power comes great responsibility. Always do your own research and remember that this is not financial advice.
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog