‘Our words have power. They impact others but they also impact us’ — MH
If you know me, I am a sucker for a good quote. A phrase (long or short) that is meaningful, inspiring and can really make me think. Quotes trigger something within, enticing different emotions and have the power to really resonate with our inner monologues. Whether from somebody famous or not, words are more powerful and depending on how you are feeling or what is going on in life at a precise moment, they can provide a point, nudge or reaffirmation to really make a positive impact.
Especially being self-employed, sometimes I do need some extra motivation and reassurance just to get going again. Taking some time to scroll through the internet, or Instagram reading motivational and positive quotes that resonate with me personally and lift me up when I need a little shove in the right direction.
My quote selection is varied and has come from lots of different influences over the years but here are my top ten:
- ‘No one can make you feel interior without your consent’ — Eleanor Roosevelt
- ‘Find a way or make a way’ — Chigwell School Moto
- ‘You must be the change you wish to see in the world’ — Gandhi
- ‘All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you, something great will come of it’ — Benjamin Mee
- ‘Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game’ — Babe Ruth
- ‘If you’re not going forwards, you’re going backwards’ — Mike Yershon
- ‘If you avoid the rejection, you avoid the opportunity’ — Dave Trott
- ‘Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts’ — Winston Churchill
- ‘If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be’ — Maya Angelou
- ‘Ask for forgiveness not permission’ — Nicole Yershon
What are your favourite quotes?