Ten Top Tips For A Happier Life
‘happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions’
It is safe to say we could use a bit more happiness in our lives. Not just currently but always! Especially after the year the world has had.
If you ask yourself if you’re happy, ostensibly it seems like a pretty simple question. But if you take the time to genuinely think about it, you might just realise you’re a little out of sorts. Plus, happiness means different things to different people. Unfortunately, happiness isn’t something that just happens to you and you wake up one morning and you’re set. It is something that you have the power to create that can set you on course for a happy life.
Happiness is good for your health, improves quality of life and can create a ripple effect. It is contagious.
The good news is that a few simple lifestyle and mindset changes can make a massive difference and here are a few of my favourites…
- Don’t worry about things that you can’t change
- Cut toxic people from your life and staying away from those that put you down will be good for you — life is too short for negativity
- Smile — very easy but it is proven that turning the corners of your lips upwards can make you happier
- Live in the moment with a positive mindset
- Don’t be afraid to say no
- Let go of expectations
- It doesn’t matter on outcomes — focus on making small steps of progress daily
- Keep learning
- Acknowledge and appreciate the small things
- Try new things
It is also good to remember and remind yourself that happiness is an inside job. You don’t need to rely on anyone to make you happy, you have the power to do that yourself!
You got it!