My Mac Tool-Box
We shape our tools, and thereafter our tools shape us.”
― Marshall McLuhan
There are lot of wonderful apps & tools in the Mac eco system that helps us to shape the way we perform our day to day tasks. Everybody have their own tools based on the comfort level & complexity of the tasks.
Here is the simplified list of some of the important apps & tools I use on a daily basis for my work & personal management tasks.
- Wunderlist: A TODO ;) list app that just works.
- Pomodoro Time: Workplace time management is a real challenge. By using Pomodoro technique this app will help you to reduce distractions, limit interruptions and complete tasks more efficiently.
- Evernote: Use it for almost all the digital writings.
- Nylas N1: The extensible, open source mail app. I love the simplicity. There aren’t much plugins available but there will be more once the app reach V1.0.
Update (02/09/2016) : I stopped using this app because it has become a mess
- Sunrise Calendar: Simply sync all your calendars in one app across multiple platforms (Mobile, Mac, Web & Etc).
Update (02/09/2016) : I stopped using this app because Microsoft screwed it by integrating this app into outlook.
- Pocket: Like an article in the web? don’t have time to read it now? Pocket it! It allows offline reading as well.
- CheatSheet: Instantly displays all the keyboard shortcuts for Mac apps.
- Rescue Time: RescueTime automatically builds a record of the activities and websites you are spending time with :O .
- Howler Timer: Easily setup timers in your Mac
- iStat Menus: Make your boring menubar into an advance system monitor.
- Dr.Cleaner: Cleans Disk & Memory
- Disk Inventory X: If you’ve ever wondered where all your disk space has gone, Disk Inventory X will help you to answer this question.
- Shazam: Let the shazam runs on you mac & know all the songs that you hear
- Simple Recorder: Voice recorder for Mac
- Flux: Protect your eyes & have a nice sleep at night :)
- Bartender: Hide unwanted icons from menubar.
- Near Lock: User you iPhone to lock & unlock you mac.
Engineering/ Network analysis
- iTerm: Advance Terminal for Mac that allows many features & tweaking options. This is my current iTerm interface. I use F1 key as the shortcut for the iTerm.
Hint : ohMyZsh
- CocoaPacket Analyzer: Light weight packet analyzer for mac
- Ice floor: An advance packet filtering (PF) tool for mac
- Little Snitch: Be the master of all your inbound & outbound network connections
- Tunnel Bear: TunnelBear VPN provides you with a secure and private connection to a less restricted Internet.
- Postman: Working with APIs, then you should already know this tool
- Sqlite Browser: Working with sqlite DBs? this tool will make your life easy
- Dash: Documentation made easy
- CocoaPods App: Cocoapods recently released an app to manage pod file. Have a look :)
If you have any interesting apps or suggestions please feel free to share it in the comments, I will try them & include it in this article :)