EVOLVE TOGETHER TOWARDS GREEN TECHNOLOGY
The greenhouse is heating up due to the current lifestyle of humans. Everyday human activities create infinite vibrations/movements in the ground. Climate change can alter how we relate to other species on Earth, that can affect our health and increase our risks for infections. According to the study made by Harvard T.H. Chan, School of public health, there is a rise in infectious diseases as we are changing the rules of the ecosystem. These little changes go unnoticed and humans aren’t aware of how it is affecting the surroundings.
Scenario in pandemic times
The pandemic has shifted everyone to the new normal, it has brought unimaginable loss and changes and has also given rise to newer opportunities. With the lock down imposed on various countries, there has been a dramatic impact on the CO2 and aerosol emission. According to preliminary estimates by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the annual global Carbon dioxide (CO2) emission reduced 4.2–7.5 per cent in 2020. But the reduction has not been significant and the plummeting of air pollution is just a tiny blip in the long-term graph. While emissions can tell us what is happening on the ground, it is the concentrations of these gases in the atmosphere that makes all the difference for global temperatures. Because CO2 can last for centuries, adding even a reduced amount to the air increases the warming potential of all the gas that has built up over decades. Composition in the atmosphere creates a potion of new chemicals by forming chain reactions. With the slight decrease in harmful gas emissions doesn’t mean humans will be less prone as there are particles in the air that we are unaware of that is harming our health. Exposure to CO2 have a long term effects on our health such as headache, dizziness, difficulty in breathing, elevated blood pressure and many other symptoms. The Air (Prevention and control of pollution) Act was passed in 1981 in India to regulate air pollution but has failed to reduce pollution because of poor enforcement of the rules.
Markets in North America, Asia and Europe
As there is a rise in demand by the consumers for products that minimizes energy requirements and environmental impact, manufacturers are starting to implement green technology. In the segment, blockchain is capable of driving innovation in the field and is estimated to be growing. According to the Green Technology and Sustainability Market, Allied Market Research and ReportLinker, their research report categorizes the green technology and sustainability market based on component, technology, application, and region. Their study involves major activities in estimating the current market size of the green technology and sustainability market where they have been segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and Latin America, which are the key market players. Among them, Europe and Asia Pacific countries are leading by 30% each and North America with 25%. In North America, the environmental regulations, rising energy costs, and expanding data centers are some of the challenges that drive the energy efficient and sustainable infrastructure to build green infrastructure, which gives different approaches for the entire infrastructure and was expected to grow the largest market size by 2020 because of the broad base of green technology and sustainability vendors in the region. Even though the Asia Pacific countries are estimated to grow at the highest CAGR in the global market during the forecast period, India is one of the fastest growing economies in the region.
The companies are continuously putting their innovation into action to make a way for the future generation to side with green technology and sustainability. The drive towards sustainability has been triggering the growth in innovation among these countries. In terms of sustainability commitment each of them are ahead in their own unique approaches by bringing products to the market that meet the evolving technological trends.
There are technologies available for the developing world that aims to deliver an authentic purpose of protecting the environment, one of them is ClimateOrb that provides Green technology. Apart from the harmful gases we are exposed to, there are pathogens that cause disease. Let’s dive into the technology that ClimateOrb offers — Prida and Breeze. The purpose of introducing these devices is to empower the citizens to take climate actions through technology and switch for use of eco- Friendly products. This technology utilizes data-driven methodologies that use Blockchain Architecture and IPFS-blockchain based technology.
- Prida — An indoor air pollution device that is used to monitor a variety of pollutants and environmental indicators by incorporating the EPA’s AQI standard.
- Breeze — An air purifier that can be personalized (it has sensors that can reduce harmful gases, remove the ultra fine particles and set the purification settings to a general mode, an extra-sensitive Allergen mode, an extra-powerful bacteria and virus mode.
It is necessary for human beings to adopt a new life style and work on sustainable development to maintain the planet. They say ‘It’s the little things in life’ and yes we can spread awareness, take the measures and approach the solutions provided. In order to protect the planet and the future for the younger generations to come, we need to take climate action to prevent the next catastrophe when we absolutely know how to implement climate solutions, and can put them into the right action to safeguard the diversity of life on Earth. Below are some of the quotes by politicians, activist, UN and business leaders -
- “We are the first generation to feel the effect of climate change and the last generation who can do something about it.” ~ Barack Obama, Former US President
- “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” ~Dr. Jane Goodall, Scientist & Activist
- “Adults keep saying we owe it to the young people, to give them hope, but I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. I want you to act. I want you to act as you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if the house is on fire, because it is.” ~Greta Thunberg, 17 year-old Swedish Activist
- “Climate change is the single greatest threat to a sustainable future but, at the same time, addressing the climate challenge presents a golden opportunity to promote prosperity, security and a brighter future for all.” ~Ban Ki-Moon, Former Secretary-General of UN
- “We are running the most dangerous experiment in history right now, which is to see how much carbon dioxide the atmosphere can handle before there is an environmental catastrophe.” ~Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla & SpaceX