Resolve Windows Update Stuck at 0%
- Stop Windows Update Services → (Go to run → services.msc → Windows Update)
2. Ensure Firewall is running, else start the Windows Firewall services (Go to run → Services.msc → Windows Firewall)
3. Ensure Proxy is set. You can set the proxy by using the following command.
netsh winhttp set proxy "<proxy-url>" bypass-list= "<bypass-IP>"
Alternatively, you can set the proxy in IE and do the following.
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
4. Clear the data under C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution or you can rename the folder to SoftwareDistribution.old
5. Start Windows Update Services (Same as Step 1)
6. Resume Windows Update.