JSHeroes 2017 Transparency Report Part 2 (follow-up)
As promised, we came back with some updates regarding the conference’s budget — as we didn’t know at the beginning how to clearly set our expectations we were able only to..guesstimate it.
In our first article we open-sourced the estimated budget we initially thought about so we can all have an idea of what organizing a tech event means in terms of costs (but not only). As the event is over, we’ve updated them and below you can find some info we hope to be useful for other communities organizing a tech event:
- Cost — 43.355 EUR
- Profit — 11.266 EUR
- Attendees — 430 (including speakers & organizing team)
- Days — 2
- Speakers — 18
- Staff — 0 EUR (14 people worked to bring to life community`s dream)
- Speakers (flight tickets, accommodation, trip, gift bags) — 14.560 EUR
- Venue + food & drinks (location, 3 coffee breaks/day + 1 lunch/day for every attendee)- 24.174 EUR
- Foto-video services — 1.800 EUR
- Swag (stickers, badges), Promotional stuff (roll-up) — 1.026 EUR
- Accounting services — 500 EUR
- Promotional campaigns (Facebook ads) — 324 EUR
- Fees (Ti.to, PayPal, Bank) — 821 EUR
- Sli.do account — 150 EUR.
- Tickets — 37.871 EUR (from 367 tickets sold)
- Sponsorships— 16.750 EUR (from 9 sponsors).
Do you remember our wishful thinking exercise regarding the extra amount of money that could become available due to sponsorships? As things turned out much better than we were hoping when we published our first article let`s repeat it and see what the plan is for the money left:
and many others.
We hope you’ve enjoyed the conference, gave us your feedback and already planned to come to the next year’s edition, which will be based on better guesstimates :).