We want your stories on the Code for America blog
Do you believe government can work for everyone in the 21st century? Great! Let’s get started.
About Code for America’s Medium blog. The blog showcases perspectives from our founder, staff, volunteers, fellows, government partners, and anyone who cares about building a government fit for the 21st century.
Areas we are especially interested in:
- What you’re learning by following users, using data to make decisions, and constantly improving. Example: Decoding Text Messages to Deliver Food Assistance
- Experiences working with public servants and communities, and tips for how to work with, not for them. Example: Journey Mapping Our City’s Permitting Process
- Stories from the civic tech movement that only you can tell. Example: Founding Open Savannah, An Attempt to Modernize a City That Clings to its History
If you have a completed post you’d like considered for the Code for America Medium blog and you have already been added as a “writer” on the publication, submit a draft directly on Medium. If you have an idea for a post, a how-to, or a story you’d like to share and have not yet been added as a “writer,” email me at email@example.com, and put “PITCH” in the subject line.
Pitches should be:
- Original — How is this story unique to you? Why are you the best person to tell it?
- Tied back to digital practices in some way — user centered, iterative, data-driven
- Focused on outcomes — Who did you help and how?
Not sure where to start? Check out other posts on the blog to see what we tend to publish.