Google Chrome → DevTools disabled by your Company’s IT Dept on Microsoft Windows? Try this…
NOTE: You will need Local Admin privileges for this to work on your Windows machine
So apparently, at a company I am working with as an IT dept that blocked DevTools in Chrome. As such, I started my day trying to my work, and was unable to get to my Chrome DevTools to open.
Well….that wasn’t going to work for me…so…
Google Chrome Dev Tools has been disabled by the IT Dept at my place of work.
- Open the Windows Registry (regedit.exe)
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\
- Look for a name of DeveloperToolsDisabled
- Check the value of it. If it’s disabled, it should have a value of 1 in Hexidecimal format
- Right click and go to Modify
- Change the value of 1 to a 0
- Click Ok
- Restart Chrome
If successful, you should have your Dev Tools back up in working order.