NOTES → Phalcon 2.0 Install with Virtual Box Running CentOS 6.6 on a Windows 7 Machine
These are my notes for installing CentOS 6.6 on a VM in Virtual Box and configuring my dev environment. This is not a tutorial, just a bunch of notes, that maybe will help you to configure yours if you run into problems. Good luck.
- Downloaded CentOS Minimum iso from http://repos.lax.quadranet.com/centos/6.6/isos/x86_64/
- Downloaded and installed Virtual Box on my local machine
- Created a new VM with 2gb of RAM and a 8GB HD
- Linked the Controller :IDE (Settings → Storage) to my CentOS iso
- Ran VM and followed the installation prompts for CentOS
- Added new user to CentOS
- Installed the packages listed on : http://docs.phalconphp.com/en/latest/reference/install.html#linux-solaris
- Was getting this issue: PYCURL ERROR 6 — “Couldn’t resolve host ‘mirrorlist.centos.org’”
- Fixed the issue by going to my network config file for my adapter /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (← That’s a zero)
- Changed the NM_CONTROLLED to no. Saved Changes
- Reset the network adapter:
- Then went into Apache’s httpd.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and enabled Virtual Hosts (see https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-apache-virtual-hosts-on-centos-6) its a great tutorial on how to set these up
- Then I had to change the file /etc/selinux/config file and changed selinux to disabled
3. saved the file
4. I also had to changed on Virtual Box’s Network settings to Bridged Connection. This allowd me to get a IP address from the router.
then I had to disable iptables so that my dev environment wouldn’t block incoming traffic on the network
sudo service iptables stop
4. once I did this, everything seems to work
EDIT: And after all of this, I found out that we are using Unbuntu lol. Go figure!