Week 04 lab book
- Struggled with the syntax for making the api call:
>> variable = requests.get(url)
- Also didn’t process the text from the response object. Need to:
>> new_variable = variable.text
APIs and Dataset explorations
I became interested in all the potential data you could pull using various APIs and open data after working through the exercises and seeing the potential.
Some data sets I discovered this week that I’d like to explore:
- Available Google APIs: https://console.developers.google.com
You can play around with the console without needing to get an API key https://developers.google.com/apis-explorer Includes maps and translation, even the Google docs but would need to work out authentication.
- Transport NSW: https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (Beta): http://stat.data.abs.gov.au/
- Bureau of Meteorology: http://www.bom.gov.au/catalogue/data-feeds.shtml
- NSW open data: https://data.nsw.gov.au/
JSON formatter: http://www.jsoneditoronline.org