CODE3100: WEEK 2
09/03/17 — Individual Reflection
TECHNOLOGIES AND WORKFLOWS
What is Flux?
A live sharing platform, that sends and receives data between existing design tools, keeping data current, eg. Grasshopper, Excel, Google Sheets, Dynamo, Revit, Sketch-Up.
To improve the quality of the communication between our groups, this week we created a Google Form to collect the emails of all group members. This early organisation will ensure that when needed, we will be able to add all CODE3100 students to the Flux project to send or receive information seamlessly between groups.
USEFUL TUTORIALS: FLUX & BIM
Flux Flow: Data Transformation [https://community.flux.io/articles/2330/intermediate-flow-tutorial.html]
Run Health Impact Analysis on any model [https://community.flux.io/articles/2333/quartz-workflow-1.html]
Extracting sites and sending through flux [https://labs.flux.io/extractor/]
Live collaboration between Revit/Dynamo, Flux, Rhino/Grasshopper, Google Earth [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYVITKPLIBA]
- Flux Site Extractor: Extracting sites and sending through Flux
- Flux Scheduler (Coming soon)
- Flux Dasboard (Coming soon)
- Flux Flow: Data Transformation (Coming soon)
- Run Health Impact Analysis on any model (Coming soon)
- Flux Web Apps (Relevant for AR/VR?) (Coming soon)
Link to this weeks presentation: here